Chapter 11

This is unedited. Hope y'all enjoy this chapter!!

Olivia's POV:

I pace the waiting room filled with our friends and family, though I'm not sure why Jason, Cole, and Adam are here. It's been three days since her surgery and two days since she was moved out of ICU and into a regular room. They're currently running tests on JJ because she has yet to regain any feeling below the waist. After Dr. Washington did the evaluation, the only time JJ spoke was to confirm she saw Levi Reynolds behind the wheel of the truck that hit them. Both the Reynolds brothers and Steven have conveniently disappeared. There are units on the houses of Leon and Steven as well as their places of work.

"Mr. and Mrs. Langan." Dr. Washington calls out as she enters the room. I stop pacing and stand beside the chair that Trevor occupies. Dr. Washington motions for Trevor to remain seated as he tries to stand.

"JJ had some fluid on her spine which was causing the paralysis. We corrected the issue and she should regain feeling below the waist soon. She is going to need physical therapy to build her strength and learn to walk again. We gave her something for pain and she's resting."

Everybody in the room breathes a collective sigh of relief.

"When can we take her home?" Trevor asks.

"A physical therapist will evaluate her this afternoon and probably start her on some light exercises, but if no problems occur I don't see why you can't take her home in the morning."

"When can we see her?"

Dr. Washington looks at me with a smile. "You can go back whenever you're ready."

"Thank you, Dr. Washington."

"You're very welcome. Have a good day."

She walks away as Trevor and I stare at each other with smiles on our faces.

"You and Trevor head on back. The rest of us will wait until later." Malcolm states, helping Trevor stand.

Trevor and I slowly make our way to JJ's room. When we enter she looks at us with tired eyes but never says a word, just tracks our movements with her eyes. After getting Trevor situated in the chair, I grab a tissue and gently dry the tears from JJ's face.

"Sleep now, my love." I speak softly.

She holds my gaze, squeezing my hand.

"It's okay, my love. Daddy and I are right here and we're not going anywhere."

That seems to calm her fears as her eyelids slowly drop and her breathing evens out.

"She'll be okay, babe." Trevor whispers softly.

I only nod in response. This family has a long road ahead but as long as we stick together we'll make it through.

All mistakes are mine. Vote, comment, and tell a friend! Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!! You guys still have time to submit your suggestions for a fan name.
Until next time.
Much love!!