Chapter Twenty-Seven: Mom and Aunt Duties

Isla of Sussex

August 8th, 2014

Today I had agreed to watch George for Will and Kate while they for out of the house and was able to get some time to themselves.

I slipped on my sunglasses before bending down and looking at my daughter and nephew.

"Now listen to me. We have to be on our best behavior while out today doing some shopping." I said as I grabbed their diaper bag and slipped it over me.

"Okay!" Diana said and I raised an eyebrow at her before smiling.

"Alright now. Louis is coming with us so let's get in the car." I said as I grabbed both of their hands and lead them out the house to the car were Louis was waiting. He held the back door open for me and I buckled Diana in first before going to the other side and buckling George in.

As I climbed into the passenger side, Louis climbed into the passenger side.

"I'm really happy you are coming with us today! We haven't hung out in forever!" I said as I backed out of my parking spot and merged onto the street.

"I know. I'm surprised your security detail isn't with us."

"They are going to be at the shopping plaza trust me. But seeing as you served in the military I feel like they think I'll be fine." I said before I quickly looked in the review mirror and saw Diana trying to take George's toy.

"Di no! That's Georgie's toy!" I said and Diana glared at George before giving his toy back. I rolled my eyes before I turned left and smiled when I saw the stores opened and not a lot of people around.

I found a parking spot in front of Zara's and backed into it before anyone else could. Once I put the car in park and turned the car off I looked to Louis who shook his head.

"Years later I still can't figure out how you can drive so perfectly." He said as he unbuckled himself and got out. I got out of the car and opened Diana's side. I grabbed the diaper bag first and threw the car keys in before unbuckling Diana.

I placed her on my hip and I saw Louis getting on the sidewalk holding George.

"Should I grab the pram for them?" He asked and I nodded as I closed the door and took George from him.

"Please, I can only hold the both of them for a short time," I said as George leaned his head against my chest and closed his eyes. I smiled softly at him as I bent down and kissed his forehead.

As Louis brought the pram out and opened it up I placed both of them in at the same time and clipped them in.

"We will behave in the stores and not grab everything alright?" I asked as I stared at them. Diana sent me a smile before she turned to George and began babbling.

"I think they are plotting against you," Louis said with a smirk and I glared at him before I began pushing the pram into Zara.

"Not that I don't mind coming shopping with you and the kiddos but why did you invite me and not Maddy?" Louis asked as he grabbed a collared shirt with purple stripes for himself.

"We haven't hung out in a very long time. I've been busy with my duties and you with your therapy but you still are one of my best friends." I said as I saw an off the shoulder purple dress and reached for it.

"I understand. You could just send me a message."

I rolled my eyes before looking for my size in the dress and hanging it against the pram as I moved around.

"I know but we always went shopping together. How is therapy going for you?" I asked as I watched him drape a couple of shirts over his arm.

"Almost done. I'm kind of glad to be done with it." He said with a shrug and I watched him for a moment before grabbing a long black skirt that had a small slit.

"I'm really glad you are getting help, Louis. I want you around for a long time." I said as I pushed the kids towards the register.

"You can't get rid of me. Tell her Diana." He said as he looked down at his goddaughter and stuck his tongue out at her. I heard George and Diana giggle before I placed my dress and skirt on the counter and the woman rung it up.

"Your total is £400." She said and I dug through the diaper bag and pulled out my wallet before swiping my debit card. I thanked the girl as she handed me my bag and rang Louis's things up.

As I placed both our bags at the bottom of the pram my phone went off and I saw it was Harry.

"Hello, love! How's your meeting?" I asked as Louis took the pram from me and we began walking outside and towards Waterstone to get some books.

"Boring really. I don't know how you finished planning your events for the tour before I did." He said and I chuckled before I held the door open for Louis so he could push the pram in.

"Because I don't wait last minute as you do. When do we get to announce the tour anyways?" I asked as I stopped at the children's table and grabbed A Lion is Paris for Diana and Time for Bed, Fred for George.

"Tomorrow I believe. Then slowly we reveal what we are going to do." He said as I looked up and saw Louis showing books to the babies.

"Do you want me to pick up a book for you at Waterstones? I'm here right now with Louis and the kids?" I asked as I reached for Hug Machine and 100 Bears.

"Yes, can you grab me All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, I believe." He asked as I heard him close open the car door.

"Sure. We should be home in time for dinner." I said as I moved away from the children's section and saw the book Harry was talking about.

"Alright! See you when you get home. I love you!"

"I love you too darling, see you later."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 9th, 2014

@DailyMail_UK: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are going on tour! On behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the couple along with their daughter Princess Diana of Sussex will be touring Belgium for two weeks.

They will arrive on December 1st and leave December 14th. They shall be staying with Their Majesties King Phillipe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium at The Palace of Brussels.