Chapter Forty-Seven: Welcome Dinner

Isla of Sussex 

February 3rd, 2015

I bent down and pressed a kiss to Diana's head as she slept softly. I looked over at her nanny and smiled at her. 

"She should sleep through the night. The time change always messes with her." I said and Nanny Alice smiled at me. 

"I know Isla. Now go to your party before you miss it." She said and I let out a laugh as I stood up and looked at myself in a mirror. My baby bump coming out from under the little poof. 

"This little one seems so big," I whispered and Alice nodded. 

"I cannot wait for that one to get here. I believe those two shall be the best of friends." She said as Henry stepped out of our room in his military uniform. 

"Alright, how do I look?"

"Wonderful! Now we need to go!" I said as I grabbed my clutch and waved goodbye to Alice and we stepped outside and saw Stephanie and Guillaume. 

"We were just going to knock!" Stephanie said as we all hugged each other. 

"Had to run away before Diana woke up! She always knows when we are apart to leave." Harry said as Guillaume offered me his arm and we began making our way towards the banquet hall. 

"How much longer until this little one is born?" He asked as I smiled as I touched my stomach. 

"Three more months. That's why we are doing this tour and then so many engagements. we have to make adjustments now with having two children." I said and Guillaume chuckled. 

Harry and Stephanie stepped down before us and I watched as Guillaume watched her. 

"Have you two been trying?" I asked and he sighed sadly as we followed behind them. 

"We have been married as long as you two have been. She has had three miscarriages. Very early on that, we didn't announce it. So we don't want to force it." He said and I stared at him for a moment before nodding. 

"Of course. I'm so sorry." 

"Don't be. It is not our time yet." He said as we approached the banquet hall and Grand Duke Henri and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Teresa waited for us. The four of us bowed to them and Henri grinned. 

"Everyone is waiting for us. Isla?" He offered and I stepped away from Guillaume and took Henri's arm. As the Luxembourg national anthem began the doors opened and I followed Henri's lead inside. I smiled at the press and guess as Henri led me to my chair. As everyone followed in we all stood until the anthem finished before we took our seats and Henri went to the microphone. 

"Hello everyone and welcome! I thank everyone for being here, distinguished guests, people of the press, as well as members of both Luxembourg government and The United Kingdom Government." 

"For the next two weeks, we have the honor of hosting The Duke and Duchess of Sussex! I hope that this tour shall show them our wonderful country and everything we have to offer. And that this may unite our two wonderful nations and have the friendship their again. Please send my warmest regards to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and His Royal Highness Prince Phillip." He added and everyone cheered. 

"Now please help me welcome His Royal Highness Prince Henry, The Duke of Sussex." 

I clapped as Harry stood up and made his way towards the microphone. He shook hands with Henri before stepping in front of the microphone. 

"Good evening everyone and welcome! I shall say it is an honor to be here right now and to tour your wonderful Nation. When Her Majesty told us we would be touring Luxembourg I was very excited for this trip before my wife and I welcome our second child into the world." 

I placed my hand on my stomach and felt our child kick three times. 

"I bring warm welcomes from my grandmother The Queen as well as my grandfather Prince Phillip. They always have told us the stories of all the tours they went on and prayed one day they can do it again. As Grand Duke Henri said earlier with this tour we pray our nation's friendship grows and we can be more than just a trading nation." 

I watched as Henry looked towards the diplomats and grinned. 

"I cannot wait for the upcoming days to tour this wonderful nation and meet as many of you as I can! Merci alleguer a genéisst Ären Owend!" (Thank you all and enjoy your evening!) 

Everyone clapped as Henry bowed his head before he stepped down and sat back down at his seat. To my left was Prince Felix and I smiled at him as the first dish was brought out pasta. 

"Hello, Felix. How are Clarie and Amalia doing?" I asked and he smiled at me. 

"Claire is well. She is very sorry she couldn't attend tonight but she is going to be at some of the engagements. Amalia, she's getting so big she's now eight months old and crawling as fast as her legs can take her." He said and I smiled as I nodded my head in thanks to the waiter

"Diana was so smart at eight months she tried to stand and fell face-first onto the cement. I was terrified but she laughed it off." I said and he chuckled. 

"These little girls are more resilient than us adults." 

"You can say that again," I added as we lifted our wine glasses to one another and I sipped my water. 

I took around the room and sighed softly before looking to my right and seeing Stephanie. 

"Being married into this family almost three years and I still never get used to these banquets with government officials," I confessed and Stephanie nodded as she ate her food. 

"I agree. Especially when you haven't had a child yet and they still look at you as if something is wrong with you." She said and I smiled as I reached over and grabbed her hand. 

"When I got pregnant with Diana everyone assumed I got pregnant before my wedding. I was called a whore and a gold digger." I began and Stephanie shook her head. 

"I am very religious Stephanie. So I believe it is all on God's time. To have children, to travel, to die. You and Guilliamue do such good with your tours and help towards your crown. One day you will have a precious child. Don't rush it." I said before I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Harry.

"May I have this dance, my beautiful wife?" 

I took his hand and stood up grinning at him. 

"I wouldn't have it any other way." 

@DailyMail_Uk: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have started their tour of Luxembourg

@DailyMail_Uk: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have started their tour of Luxembourg. As we shared earlier they were greeted at the airport by the Heteridtary Duke and Duchess. As the very pregnant Duchess was seen chatting away the night. The couple was seen dancing together and laughing with one another. 

@user1:I just love them together 

@User2:I wonder when she's due! Look at that belly