Chapter Eight: Royal Danish Theatre

Isla of Sussex

February 5th, 2014

As Harry and I had promised Her Majesty, we would be joining Her Majesty, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Fredrick, and Crown Princess Mary at the Royal Danish Theatre.

"Do you know what play we are seeing?" I asked as I finished curling the front of my hair before I grabbed my rings and slipped them on.

"I believe it is Beauty and the Beast," Harry said as I stood up and he stared at me.

"Wow, you look gorgeous." He said as he stepped towards me and pulled me into a kiss.

"Hmm, enough you are going to make us late. And a Royal is never late." I said and Harry groaned. I grabbed my clutch before following Harry out into our little sitting-room where Diana sat beside Alice watching the telly.

"Remember Alice, only one more hour and then off to bed," I said and Alice nodded before I kissed the top of Diana's head and walked out of the room with Harry behind me.

As we followed both Sarah and Harry's secretary down the stairs where Mary and Fredrick were waiting for us. Fredrick was in a normal suit with a matte black tie. Mary was wearing a long sleeve deep purple dress that was laced over.

"We sure do know how to dress up nicely!" I said as I hugged Mary as the boys hugged each other.

"My parents will be meeting us at the Theatre. But the town car is outside waiting for us." Fredrick said as he leaned over and hugged me softly.

"Cameras as well?" Harry asked and Mary let out a little snort.

"Why of course? We are the Royals. People believe that means we should not have any privacy." She said as we walked towards the doors and made our way outside. Harry laced our fingers together and we waved to the crowd waiting for us.

The door to the car was already open and Mary and Fredrick climbed into the car first. Once they were inside I climbed in next with Harry behind me. He closed the door and the driver quickly began the way to the Theatre.

"So did Harry tell you that we are seeing Beauty and the Beast?" Mary asked and I nodded.

"I loved the movie when I was little. I had always told my brother I wanted a library as big as Belles." I said and Harry chuckled.

"We are slowly making our way to having that library. Our office already has a wall full of books." He explained and Fredrick chuckled.

"At least it is books and not shoes!" He said and both of the men began laughing. I rolled my eyes before turning to Mary who was shaking her head.

"We all have tomorrow off before we meet up at the Zoo. Looking forward to it?" Mary asked and I nodded.

"Yes, this morning Harry and I had joined Her Majesty and Prince Henrik meeting people of the council. I never knew how much went on in those meetings." I said and Fredrick nodded.

"Good thing we have this play to look forward to." He said before the car stopped. Harry opened the door and climbed out first. He turned back to me and offered me his hand making me smile up at him.

I gripped his hand and stepped out of the car smoothing out my dress. I waved to the crowd as we stepped onto the red carpet and Mary and Fredrick stepped out of the car. We waited for them to join us before we made our way up the carpet and waved to the crowd.

We all waved and posed for photos one last time before stepping inside. Her Majesty and Prince Henrik were inside waiting for us.

Fredrick and Mary said hello to them first and I watched as both of them bowed to her. When they turned to say hello to Henrik I curtsied low to Her Majesty before I stood up and kissed both of her cheeks.

"Hello Your Majesty," I said and Margrethe smiled at me.

"Hello, Isla darling. Hello Harry. Looking forward to the play?" She asked as we stepped towards Henrik and I bowed my head.

"I am. I personally never go to plays but Isla is co-patron of the British Royal Play House along with my Uncle Prince Andrew." Harry explained and Henrik raised an eyebrow at me.

"Are you really?" He asked as someone began leading the way to the royal box.

"I am. I became co-patron when I returned from my maternity leave with Diana." I explained and Margrethe chuckled.

"That little girl is the cutest! I forget how adorable they are at that age." She said as the doors opened and we stepped inside.

Everyone who was in the Theatre stood and watched us as we walked to our seats. Margrethe and Henrik walked to the front two seats and stood there. Mary and Fredrick took the two seats on the left as Harry and I took the two seats on the right.

I waved poliety before three children came and handed us all different flowers. Mary received gold petunias, Her Majesty received white tulips, while I received forget-me-nots. I smiled as I sniffed the flowers before I watched Her Majesty and Prince Henrik sat down.

Everyone then began to sit down before the lights dimmed and the conductor stepped onto the stage and into the middle of the stage.

"Tonight we present to you, Beauty and the Beast. And tonight we dedicate this performance to our foreign guest The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Enjoy." He said as he bowed lowly and stepped off the stage.

I watched as the curtain opened and the music began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Four Hours Later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood up along with everyone else and clapped as the play ended and all of the performers bowed to us.

Harry whistled and I couldn't help but laugh thinking of how much he enjoyed tonight after days of constant meetings.

When the lights fully turned on protocol was for Her Majesty and Prince Henrik to walk out first. We watched as Her Majesty stared for a moment before turning around and walked out of the royal box.

I turned and shared a look with Harry who quickly shook his head as he offered me his hand and helped me stepped down and guided me out of the Royal Box and following everyone outside.

"The play was wonderful! I hope to see another before our tour is over." I stated and Mary grinned.

"It's even better when they do not know you are coming. They treat you normal." She said as I wrapped my shawl I had kept in my clutch around me.

"I wish I wore a coat instead. It's bloody cold now!" I said and Fredrick chuckled.

"Welcome to the winter of Denmark Isla. It's always cold."