Chapter 77: Little Sun

"Today's Tanabata is quite unusual, don't you think?" the Emperor was dressing up and managed to ask Yasunori this question. "This One have seen ten stars at most but the moon is fully lit. Its seems very inauspicious for me."

Not only the emperor, even Yasunori is agitated. He can't help but think of Chisona Taiyo. "Your Majesty must be overthinking. There'll just be a small chance of rain tonight."

"Mm." the Emperor looked at himself in front of the bronze mirror then turned serious. "Seimei, I heard he wont attend tonight's banquet?"

"He told me this morning something urgent happened."

Thousands of meter apart from the capital, a dark forest have an unexpected guest. A man with his light blue coat and silvery white hair emotionlessly entered the forest where the moon's pale light is unwelcomed, beasts with the utter most poisons wander and mostly, evil spirits along with demons are just around, observing the onmyoji.

It was no other than Seimei but none of them tried to make a move since his gaze is too threatening. He halt his steps, in front of him is a shallow cave with small streaks of purple light. The familiar scent made him have the urge to touch one without thinking however, he must restrain in order to find the right history.

"You've come again." a girl's voice echoed through the cave's entrance and from the pitch black area, a kitsune in the appearance of eighteen year old emerged out of the darkness. She have a smile from ear to ear as she approached Seimei then touched his face with one hand.

The man seems uncomfortable thus, he shot a cold glare which made the girl step back. "Kitsune Bijin, you know I came here for some important matters so don't even try prying on me." he pushed Bijin aside without much change of his algid nature, glancing at each faintly purple orbs flickering all the way.

"Seimei, you wont find anything without an object from the person involve!" she giggled like a madwoman and followed him inside where more and more purple orbs are glowing and the previous faint scent became stronger, it hold such sweet fragrance that almost made Seimei stopped in trance.

Finally, they reached the chamber where he stabbed himself for a life and death offering in order to acquire his desired result.

Taking a seat over the place, he took out his jade flute then slowly removed the blue tassel. Holding it gently to his palm, three purple streaks of light came forward and stayed in front of him.

"A tassel? That's from her?!" Bijin felt a wave of jealousy hit her, she wanted to raid that bitch badly! If not for her, will Seimei be this distant?!

"Shut up!" for the first time, Seimei was unable to hold his anger, shooting daggers to Bijin with his eyes.

She is shock, ever since she persuaded Seimei, he never spoke to her like this. In anger, she went outside to vent all her feelings.

Seimei then turned his attention at the three orbs in front of him, in truth, he was afraid to know if she is even a part of his past.

This cave usually appears under full moon where all demon's emotions get stirred, it is what the orbs of verity get energies to gather the past of many lives. It was said an immortal once rested in this place, he loves to fiddle with the secrets hidden in a person's heart. Before he could ascend back to the Heaven, the immortal left hundreds of different colored orbs inside the cave which can predict the past of one person but it can only be activated once the person showed his determination and sacrifice in one move, a life and death tribulation.

As Seimei first entered, all the orbs were still pure white which meant, the truth he seeked is in another person's heart who knew everything other than he. When his Senior Sister came to save him, the orbs around went purple and soon enough, scent of wisterias filled the cave. Seimei recognized it, he was having a hard time that day after his life and death tribulation, but the familiar sweet fragrance made him open his eyes slightly and there he saw his Senior Sister, looking at him.

After being cured, he came to a conclusion that she is part of his past....

Seimei sighed, his heart felt uneasy then reached out the one of the dim lighted orb and he found himself standing at a busy street.

People seem to can't see him, he furrowed his brows the glanced at the other side of the street where they are selling various products.

With just a second,Seimei found a couple sharing sweet words. A girl with unparalleled beauty having the hair of white and eyes in the color of the vast sea. The man on the other side, handsome beyond belief with long dark hair and golden eyes, a red mark all around his eyes showing he is an onmyoji, he recognized him as Yasunori.

Suddenly, Seimei felt a demon's presence nearby. He swept his gaze all over the place, only to see a cat with orange and red fur, blue eyes that were unusual. It was staring at the couples.

The cat jumped at an isolated alley but Seimei managed to follow it until they reached a recluse forest and a man with dragon robes is patiently standing there. He have sharp blue eyes with pure coldness, dark cat ears and tail, fangs were visible.

The cat slowly turned into a young girl in a fiery red kimono with wide sleeves, a long wavy hair with the color of sun and most of all, the ocean-like iris were full of grief.

"Brother Emperor, you were right. He already have someone he loved." she smiled but still, tears were being held in her eyes until she bit her lip to repress the sobs.

"Senior Sister?" Seimei walked closer and had a better look at the girl who started to cry.

"Chisona Taiyo, do you still wish to compete against Hana Shiroi?" the man asked, hands were clasped behind his back, eyes were clear yet pure in a vicious way.

"Brother Sugoi.... she... She is pregnant with Yasunori's child..." Chisona Taiyo wiped her tears with her sleeve when suddenly, Akuma Sugoi held her arms then he used his robe instead to clean off the snots.

"If you want revenge, I'd help you."

Seimei was suddenly dragged out of the place and he was now back at the cave, two orbs left. He remembered what Bijin have said, the middle orb will be the most painful part of past. Without hesitation, he touched the second orb and a small house was being burned.

His heart skipped a beat and a man came out of the blazing house, Seimei recognized him, it was Chisona Taiyo's brother!

After a while, Yasunori rushed in. Yelling two names engraved in his mind and heart.

"Seimei! Shiroi!"