Chapter Eighteen

I know your secret.
I know your secret.
I know your secret.

The words ran through Alan's mind as he read the text message over and over. Endlessly thinking, who could it be? I must be being punked. It's a prank, most likely Vic and Mike. Oh how he wished that was true. The comfortable idea that this was a joke, alas it wasn't. Somebody knew, and they intended to ruin Alan's life with this information.

Meet me in the library during free period tomorrow.

Alan couldn't help but let a tear slip down his cheek. The culprit was somebody in the school, somebody who could surely ruin not only his life but Austin's as well.

He did the only thing he could think of. He called the smartest person he knew and asked for help.

He slipped out of bed, texting Vic to ask for a ride, which he gladly granted. Alan knew there was only a few hours before school started and they needed a plan. He tiptoed to the side of the bed, lightly shaking Austin.

"What?" Austin groaned. Alan told him, and he told him everything down to the fact of who he called and why they could help, especially at this hour. Austin scrambled out of bed in a haphazardly way to put some clothes on.

"Who would do something like this? And why?" Alan mumbled. The older man looked at him with such sadness and love filling his life as he took the younger boy into his arms. "I don't know who, and I sure as hell don't know why, but I swear to you we will find out. I swear to you we will, because I love you too much to lose you over some stupid lonely jackass who has no life."

"You swear?"

"I swear on my life, baby."

"September 1st?" Alan asked shyly.

"September 1st." Austin answered, "Forever and always?"

"Always and forever."

Alan stood on his toes to place a light, chaste kiss to his boyfriend's lips.

"C'mon, Vic is here."

They walked to the car hand in hand, vows in there heads and love in their hearts.