Chapter Fifteen

The rain poured down on Alan as he sprinted from the gym. The doors slammed close and he silently thanked Mother Nature that no one would see his tear stained cheeks. I'm so pathetic, he thought. What kind of boyfriend was he to run away from his problems? What does that say about his character? He sighed, and looked about, observing his surroundings. That's when it hit him, and he ran to the one place that was there for him when no one else ever was.

What the fuck did I just do, was the first thing that ran through Austin's mind after Alan ran out of the gym in tears. How could he be so stupid? Why did he have to get so jealous? His jealously drove the only thing he's ever loved away from me. He knew, oh he knew very well, that there was a calmer way to assess the situation. His jealousy and possessiveness however, thought otherwise in that moment. He looked towards Tony who stood there, still shocked from the scene just moments earlier. Tears started to fill Austin's eyes and Tony mouthed, 'Go'. That's all Austin needed as he took off in the same direction of his boyfriend only moments ago.

Weeping willow. He didn't know why, but he loved the name of those trees. He loved the look, and the texture, they made him feel safe. He sat, under the tree in the middle of a beautiful meadow. Breathe, he thought, just breathe.

"I've been thinking lately about you and me,

And all the questions left unanswered,

How it all could be.

I hope you know,

You never left my head.

And if I ever let you down,

I'm sorry." He softly sang.

"You never let me down. I'm the one who should be sorry."

Alan quickly looked up. "Austin?" he croaked.