Chapter 18

Senior Prom

"Hey cupcake! Check the door for me please." He spoke lazily from the other side of the bed.

"No. I am tired. You goooo." I whined sleepily. He didn't move. The doorbell rang again. I kicked his back and he fell down on the floor.

"What the ---" He started.

"Shut up and go." I told him.

"I will see you." He spoke angrily and went out huffing. He came back with two khaki envelopes and threw one towards me.

"What's this?"

"Letter from the university we applied for." He replied casually.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked him getting up from the bed and snatching it from him.

I was nervous about opening it. "You go first." I told him as he broke the seal and opened the envelope.

"What does it say? Oh my God. Tell me quick. My tummy is hurting."

He turned around with a sad face.

"What happened?" I placed my hand on his shoulder and pulled up his chin to face me. Suddenly, his face lit up as he took me in a warm hug resulting in both of us falling down on the bed with him on top.

"I got in." He beamed at me.

"I always knew, nerdy!"

"Oh please. I am just a born genius."

"Sure. Whatever floats your boat, darling."

"Check yours na." He spoke impatiently still in the same position.

"What does it say?"

"It says that I am gonna annoy you for the rest of your life too. You can't get away from me." I winked and he immediately hugged me.

"I am so so proud of you."

"Me too." I whispered back, running my fingers through his silky black hair.

"Same major, bro." He was so excited.

"Yet again. You'll be always mingling around my head." I made a nasty face.

"As if you don't love having me around." He stated proudly.

"Omg! You're so full of yourself. Who told you this?"

"My heart!" He replied, grinning.

"So cheesy, man."

"Extra cheese for you, my woman."

"Enough enough. I might throw up." I made a puking face.

"Come on dude. Learn something. You ruin the moment always." He spoke sadly and turned to the side to lay beside me.

"Sorry." I spoke as I scooted closer to him and placed my arm over his torso. He turned his face away.