Chapter 17

"I hate you."

The next few days passed avoiding each other. I didn't want to be anywhere near him ever again. He too was avoiding any kind of interaction. It had been a week since I last talked with any of the group member. It was back to how it all started. Me being a loner and Ishika taking care of me. We were sitting in the cafe again when the squad arrived with their girlfriends and bimbos. Without meeting anyone's eyes, we quietly walked out of there and continued down the corridor to the lockers.

"Hey, you alright?" Ishika placed her hand on my shoulder. She had been there for me and I couldn't imagine how would I have coped up without her.

"Never been better." I smiled widely.

"Let's go out today. Girl's night out." She proposed. I knew she was trying to cheer me up and I couldn't let her efforts go down the drain so I agreed.

"Sure thing. I will pick you up." I told her and she nodded, agreeing. "I've to go. Chemistry lab." I hated going to Chemistry lab, the place where it all started. But I had to go today. One last time.

"Goodluck."

"Thanks babe." I side hugged her and grabbing my bag and USB I went to the lab.

Soon enough the bell rang and everybody entered. That asshole was late again as always. The teacher started taking the names and the students started giving an outline presentation of what they had done the entire term.

"Okay next up are Faara and Zack." The professor announced. He still wasn't here and I wouldn't wait for him if he didn't come. The students wrapped up theirs and I plugged in my USB. The presentation was displayed and as soon as I was about to start the introduction, he came running there breathing heavily.

"Why are you late?" The professor asked him interrupting my presentation.

"Sorry sir! Medical emergency."

Huh! As if. What an asshole.

"Okay. let's start your presentation."

"Hey ladies and gentlemen. My name is Faara Khan and this is my partner Zack as you all know very well by now. We had been assigned this research project and I will present you the outline. Any questions are welcome. I will try my best to satisfy you." I started and hence started the presentation.

After a while, two three students asked a few questions and I answered them confidently. However, one got me stuck. I was figuring out when he interrupted in between and perfectly answered his question saving my dumbass yet again.

The professor appreciated our efforts. The class was over and so was the day. I grabbed my bag and walked out. I wanted to reach home before it started raining because the clouds had started thundering now. I was waiting for Ishika when he came by my side.

"Thankyou for the help Faara. It was great working with you." He smiled.

"I am just glad it's over, asshole. It has been hell for me." I deadpanned. "Now if you would excuse me." I bumped his shoulder and walked away.

"Faara? Hey? Listen to me. Faara? What's wrong? Atleast tell me something? What happened? Why this sudden coldness? Please tell me! This is so unfair." He kept shouting and following me.

"Leave me alone, asshole. I can't tolerate you anymore. I hate you!" I shouted as my eyes started moistening.

"Faara! I am sorry but tell me atleast what did I do? Don't give me this cold shoulder. It's not fair after all that we've been through together."

I stopped in my tracks and so did he. I turned around and faced him. I grabbed his collar and his face drained. "You're talking about fair unfair? You of all the people? And for your information, we haven't been through anything, asshole. Don't pretend as if you care. You go your way and I will go mine. And just let me live peacefully for once." I left his collar.

"I won't come after you. Just for once tell me what did I do?" He pleaded with a solemn expression.

"Why don't you ask that bimbo of yours who bullied me throughout highschool and made it hell for me?" I choked on my tears but controlled them. I couldn't let him see my vulnerable side again. He didn't affect me at all.

His face drained and he now looked guilty.

"Listen Faara. Let me explain." He started.

"There's nothing to explain asshole. Just listen to me." It had started raining but I didn't care anymore. He wanted to know and now he would. My tears fell and I didn't bother wiping them away. I hadn't cried since that day and now all the built up emotions were coming out. It was overwhelming for me and him too.

"You wanted to know why I hated you all the while? Listen now. I hated you because the since the very first day you made my life hell. That kiss in cafeteria on first day and the catcalling and character assassination that followed. The bullying that followed. The racism that followed. It was all because of you. I never enjoyed a normal highschool life because of you and only you. And the worst thing was that you couldn't care any less about it. You never bothered. Obviously it wasn't a big deal for you but it was for me. My dad told me never to let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you. I wasn't fooled at that time. But you ruined the most special moment of my life. You stole my first kiss. But now that we became partners, I started knowing you better. We became friends and I grew fond of you. I thought you had changed for the better and I was going to confess that day but I was so wrong. You were always an asshole taking advantage of people and never caring about their feelings. For you, everything is a joke. Your second kiss fooled me. I was stupid enough to think that I matter to you somewhat. But I was an idiot. You stole my special moment again that day when you kissed her. I was right all the while I hated you. Fuck you asshole! Never show me your face again." I ended and turned away. The tears were falling down with rain drops. He stood there stunned. I was walking away and suddenly he grabbed my wrist. He yanked me towards himself and smashed his lips on mine, shutting me up once and for all. He kissed me fiercely but I pushed him away angrily. He held my face and spoke up.

"I know I did wrong but I was scared. I was scared because I was getting attached to you. I never knew feelings but now I was feeling them. I was terrified and I didn't know what to do Faara. I thought if I went back to my previous ways, maybe I won't think about you all the time. Maybe I will be able to move on. But I was wrong, Faara. You never left. You were always in here." He pointed to his heart. "I know I am immature. I don't know how to handle emotions but Faara I can swear upon my life that I love you. I am so in love with you that it scared me away. I didn't want to be vulnerable. But hear me when I say that I love you. so so much. Place your hand here and tell me if I am lying." He placed my hand on his heart. His heart was running a marathon. I could practically hear his heartbeat.

"I am absolutely and very much in love with you Faara Malik."

"I hate you." I broke down as I collapsed in his arms and he gathered the broken pieces again. He cupped my face in his cold hands and claimed his love with my consent this time. And I didn't resist. Why? Because it was special.

■■■■■■■

Finally :p Last chapter remaining now.