Chapter 3

What's an apology?

The next morning, I walked into my Calculus class - the subject I hated the most but since I wanted to major in Chemistry, I needed to take it. Only Zack of all the people I knew shared my schedule from A to Z. The irony of my life was that the things I hated the most somehow had a way of coming back to me again and again. As much as I wanted to stay away from Zack, my most interactions were with him. As much as I wanted to graduate quickly from this hellhole, time seemed to have frozen. As much as I wanted to avoid Calculus, I needed it more than it needed me. As much as I wanted to move out of my so called home, I had no choice but to spend my days with them. In short, my life was hell. I was the unluckiest. Nothing good ever happened to me. It was almost as if the universe hated me altogether and even if the slightest good thing started approaching me, it took a U-turn as soon as it saw me standing at the receiving end. Sometimes I honestly wished that I shouldn't have been born. It would have been much easier that way. Yeah, I lived that sad life. Anyway, enough of my sympathy stories! I had managed to live with these things and I had accepted my fate. Honestly, it didn't even matter anymore. My heart had turned into a stone and nothing mattered to me. The only thing I wanted was to graduate and move far away for my college. Maybe things would get better then but with Zack in the picture, it doesn't look like I am having that as well. Sucks to be me.
I put on my resting bitch face and walked past everyone to reach the corner of the room. I noticed Zack sitting in the middle flirting with the prettiest girl in our class. Damn, I wasn't even beautiful or I could have gotten a few things atleast.

I noticed his bandaged hand as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. I smirked to myself.

So he did listen for once. Or maybe it was hurting pretty bad so he had no choice!

But his cockiness was same as before or even got up a notch. I walked into the cafeteria and made a slight eye contact with him and he rolled his eyes at me? Why would he even do that? Did I hurt his fragile ego or what? I chuckled and royally ignored his presence and grabbed my lunch with Ishika and Sam.

"You look happy." Ishika noticed.

"Yeah. It's just a good and bright day today." I chuckled and giggled more than usual just to piss him off. I got up to grab a juice and happened to look at his table. Zack was like the most predictable person on earth. Just as I had predicted, a brunette was enjoying his lies today. I chuckled and shook my head. I almost felt sorry for these girls. If my life was sad, theirs was even sadder.

The lunch break was about to be over in fifteen minutes and I somehow had to discuss about our introductory project with him that the professor had assigned us in the morning Chemistry class but the only problem was that I didn't know how.

"Mind getting off each other for a while, leeches?" I spoke as I approached the table.

"Look, my cupcake is here." Zack smirked.

"Hah! In your dreams Zacky! My standards are alot higher. You deserve these bimbos only." I gave him a full blown smile.

"I've seen your standards."

"Don't get personal with me, you low life loser. You don't know what I am capable of."

"What will you do? huh?" He got up and came closer to me.

"I know your dirty little secret!" I stuttered as he came closer and closer. His dangerous breath fanned over my whole face and I took the support of the table.