Chapter 8

A genius dumbass!

The next few days had been tough on me but with those people by my side, it too did pass. It was funny how I went from being a loner to being a part of a huge group. It all happened because the first day, my chit number matched with his. Zack had been taking care of me a little too much ever since that incident happened. We worked either at my home or the apartment. He didn't even allow me to have snacks with them just because I should be eating healthy only. It was kind of adorable to see him acting all bossy but at times it got annoying. It had been two weeks now, for God's sake.

Currently, we all were present at the BBH apartment and after an eventful game of Monopoly, we dispersed. I went with Zack to his study.

"I hate you." I spoke settling on the chair. He didn't let me eat snacks today as well. While everybody else enjoyed those, I ate a boring chicken cheese sandwich.

"I know. Tell me something new." He rolled his eyes and turned on the laptop.

"You're an asshole!"

"Nice try, cupcake. But I know that too. Now would you mind if we start working?"

I huffed and folding my arms settled back on the revolving chair angrily. He just chuckled in return.

"Even that horrible Tedd is nicer than you." I spoke with a victorious grin.

"Wow. That was cool now. You two became friends?"

"Yep." I nodded proudly.

"Then wait here. Might as well give my poor baby some company."

"Don't even dare!" I spoke annoyed at him. How could he think of new ways to annoy me everyday?

He chuckled, "What happened, cupcake? Scared?"

"Hah. You wish, dumbass!"

We started working on the Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. I had noted down everything I could find on the internet about it. But even then I couldn't compete with this smarty pants. He knew a lot. I had discovered that he read alot and all kinds of books. That's why his knowledge was so vast. I couldn't understand how he was so cool and a geek at the same time.

"You know Heisenberg was captured in World War II by American troops and sent to England." He began telling enthusiastically.

"No. I know of another Heisenberg though. He became a millionaire by producing Meth."

"What even, Faara?" He looked at me ridiculously.

I chuckled in return. "Seriously just think for a second, how cool it would be if we became partners like them and produced Meth." I spoke enthusiastically with sparkling eyes.

"Are you in your senses?" He asked.

"Absolutely. We'll rule the world. American territory would be ours. And soon we'll go international."

"Faara, you need help." He spoke, writing down the notes.

"Nobody takes me seriously." I made a puppy face at him.

"With that face, nobody ever would."

I threw the cushion at him and popped out my tongue.

"Anyway, back to the topic."

"Boring!" I muttered and revolved my chair chewing the strawberry flavoured bubblegum.

"So as we know already that he was a German."

"Wait, he was a German?" I asked, surprised.

"Seriously Faara? Seriously?" He looked at me incredulously.

"Okay sorry. But no offence, who learns the nationalities?"

He gave me a royal ignore and continued. I just sat there with a sad face, listening to him being a geek.

"He was a German theoretical physicist. The pioneer of quantum mechanics. He was awarded the 1932 Nobel Prize in Physics for the creation of quantum mechanics, the application of which has led to the discovery of the allotropic forms of hydrogen. Do you know the allotropes of hydrogen?" He asked.

"Obviously! I am not that dumb now." I rolled my eyes at him.

"What are those?"

"Protium, Deuterium, Tritium." I replied.

He began laughing at my face. "Those are isotopes that form the heavy and light water, darling. There are two allotropes of Hydrogen. Atomic and Diatomic. Simple."

"Okay seriously Zack? How do you know this much? Like I don't see you studying, being a geek. You're on soccer team. You hang around with your friends. And I can guess you score the most marks atleast in this subject. How is that possible?"

"You know nothing about me, cupcake. Absolutely nothing." He spoke and went back to finish the task for today and I wondered how true it was. I knew nothing about him. I didn't know his hobbies, his interests, his family, him living away from his parents, his bipolar behaviour, his intellect, his dreams, his favourite food, what he liked to do and what he disliked. Why he froze one year when he was actually senior to me initially. I knew nothing.

"You know nothing, John Snow!" He chuckled.

"See, you even have the time to watch Game of Thrones!" I whined. "How is it fair with other people if you get all the good things?"

"Which good things? Would you elaborate?"

"You are smart. But you're still a dumbass! Infact, you're a genius dumbass. You are good in athletics. You have good looks. You have great friends. Basically, everything."

"Not everything!" He spoke seriously.

"Like what?"

"Nothing worth mentioning." He changed the topic. "But hey, you think I am good looking?"

"Well yeah obviously. You're. Why else would these bimbos be around you?"

"Are you jealous, cupcake? You wanna be around me?" He teased.

"In your dreams, loser. You haven't grown up a bit since Freshers."

"You have noticed me all the while?"

"You're so full of yourself, Zack. The world doesn't revolve around you. I have tons of other productive things to do. It's just that, we practically have the same schedule."

"Like what productive things?"

"None of your business. You keep being a geek."

"I'm not a geek. I am a born genius."

"Okay Jimmy Neutron!"

And just like that, we finished our work for today. Talking about everything and anything. Actually, correction: Arguing about everything and anything.

■■■■■■■

Filler!