I can See Through His Facade: Part 3

"My mom started all of this five years ago when my dad died." Brandon said, I could hear the pain in his voice. All the kids had eaten dinner and were now in bed sleeping, and here Brandon was telling me his life story, I misjudged him terribly, "She first just drank when me and Gracy were at school, but then she started having 'friends' over while we slept, soon she got pregnant with Jean. She hated it, she wouldn't eat anything for a while, she went into the hospital one night, and they forced liquids and stuff through her iv's.... She drank all nine months she was pregnant, luckily nothing was wrong with Jean when he was born..." Brandon suddenly stopped and I saw tears form in his eyes, this was a touchy topic for him.

"You don't have to tell me, I was just wondering." I said quietly.

"No, you've seen it, you need to hear about it, because I can't have you running to the cops about this, I can't lose Gracy, Jean, or Farah, I can take care of them." he sighed and looked across his bed over to the TV.

"I promise I won't tell anybody Brandon, I can see how much you love them, and I wouldn't take them away from you, but they can't be living with your mom when she's like this..." I sighed, what could we do to make the kids stop going through this?

"We do fine with money, my dad was a lawyer when he died and they pay us his paycheck every two weeks. So we get by good."

"Wait, I thought you said your mom was a singer?" I asked confused.

"She was, until she started drinking, I didn't tell you any of this because I didn't want you to know how my life was. I'm a player, I always will be."

"No you're not. I'm sorry for thinking that but your not." I sighed.

"No, I'm not saying that because you called me that, I am a player, I'm not a virgin by any means, I love my siblings but I just can't settle down... It's like I need a lot of women because they treat me right, they act like I'm their world. It makes me feel important, I can't stop being a player." he said with shaking hands.

My mouth dropped at what he was saying, so I was right about him, for the most part, " I need to go... My moms probably wondering where I am... I'll see you tomorrow." I shakily grabbed my bags from school and walked towards the door to the house. I reached for the handle when a hand grabbed my arm, I jumped and looked back behind me.

"Umm, I.. I just wanted to say... Thanks, for listening, and we don't have school tomorrow, it's Friday." Brandon smirked and let me go. I nodded and left.

The walk home was quiet, I saw fallen trees everywhere, houses with a little damage, but nothing too serious. I walked four blocks until I saw my house, it looked the same, except our tree was a little fallen over. I walked into my house, noticing the eerie silence that filled my house. I walked into the kitchen and saw a note,

Vel,

Going out with some friends, be home tomorrow, staying at Julies, see you later.

Love,

Mom.

I groaned after reading the note. I hated being alone at night, especially when the risks of a bad storm were so high, I sighed.. Ohh well, then I thought of something. I grabbed my cell phone off the counter and dialed Emily's number.

"Hello?" a voice said after three rings.

"Twin, you wanna come stay the night?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure, just let me pack my crap and I'll be over in about... twenty?" she said.

"Sure, see ya then." I said and hung up. I then looked down at the screen and noticed I had two missed calls, and four texts. I frowned and wondered who had tried to get a hold of me. I looked at the number and didn't recognize it, I checked the texts.