CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Meant To Be Hate

C H A P T E R - F O U R T E E N 

“AVA!!! Someone’s on the phone for you.”

 I heard the loud yell from the hallway. It was Maria while Joe was out for some reason. I jumped off my bed and shut my laptop.

            As soon as I was out of my room, I could see Maria holding the phone to her ear, she grinned crazily. “It’s Henry.” She whispered and I knew why she was so happy because I helplessly smiled too. I took the phone and laughed my greeting.

            “Well hello, gone to England and forgotten me have you?” Henry joked and I chuckled. I couldn’t have forgotten him when he was practically a brother to me. “Of course I haven’t,” I scratched my head and glimpsed up to see Maria making herself comfortable on the couch and watching Once Upon A Time. “Things have just been a bit crazy here and I haven’t even called my parents much which I really need to do.” I confess.

              London was amazing and brilliant and we’d also seen parts of it including the London Eye. But it was school life that drove me crazy for multiple reasons. Lucas was one with the play and the second was these men I always see with guns. I hadn’t told anyone, I didn’t have the courage to do it. I knew if I did it would only be a direct reason to have me back at Denmark and I wasn’t ready to leave just yet.

             As selfish it may seem, I wanted to be a photographer and just numb the idea of Princess and Queen and ruling a country. “Well I have good news!” says Henry who pulls me back to reality. I could here the excitement in his voice and I smiled. “What’s the good news?” I ask. “Well…” he lets the sentence hang and I groan in frustration. “Tell me, Henry.” I demand. “Woah okay…well Dad and I are coming to Londonn ext week.”

               I could have dropped the phone, done a cartwheel and then a couple of star jumps for good measure before I could scream of happiness. I might not want to be inDenmarkso quick but that didn’t mean I didn’t miss Henry. “Oh my god, you’re not joking are you?” I ask cautiously and he chortles softly. “Of course not! Dad has to meet a couple of friends he knows in London and I wanted to come to see you.”

            I laugh loudly and Maria shushes me down and also stuffs her face with Doritos. I roll my eyes and feel my heart swell. “That’s great. Where will you be staying? And for how long?”

             “We’ll be staying in a hotel. I’ll call you when I’m here so you can tell me where you are and I’ll come over. I’ll be there for about a week, plenty of time to catch up and tell me how London is and show me around too.”

           I could almost see him smiling. I leaned against the wall and sighed. I was relieved and some weight had lifted off my shoulders. “I can’t wait.” I say truthfully.

           “You are okay aren’t you? The king is worried about your safety. You should really call you parents. If anything happens Ava, to you, Maria or Joe, call us immediately.”

              The soft, reassuring tone of his voice was gone. Now it was serious and full of concern that only made me love him more as he protected me as a big brother. “I’m okay, Henry.” I assure and decide to end the call. “I have to go now; I need to call my parents.” Henry understood and we said our farewells. I dialled the number to the palace that didn’t go directly to the King or Queen. It was picked up by Angelica and then sent to King’s or Queen’s lines.