𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 15 - 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

~ present time ~ at the hospital

Beep....beep....beep...was the only sound Jungkook heard as he slowly came out of unconsciousness.

He slowly opened his eyes to see what was going on when he saw a doctor standing on his left side.

"How are you feeling Jungkook? Do you know why you are here?" the doctor asked slowly.

Clearing his throat Jungkook replied
"I'm alright doctor, just a pain on my shoulder. I know I got shot, I just never knew how and when I got here."

"You had a rush of adrenaline and blacked out 2 mins after getting shot. You were lucky the bullet only hit your shoulder. It's all stitched up now. I've administered some pain killers as well. You should be good as new in no time." The doctor said as he smiled and softly patted Jungkook's hand.

"Thank you doctor." He managed to say before he watched the doctor leave the room.

A few moments later he felt his nose twitch as he recognized a new scent and in walked a woman he had seen earlier at the precinct but wasn't sure who she was.

A few seconds later it finally hit him as he realized the old but beautiful looking woman.

"Hi dear, how are you feeling right now?" she asked as she approached him.

He was shocked to see her alive but he was happier than ever as he didn't realize his eyes dampen.

"Oh son, are you in pain?" she asked as she saw the tears in his eyes.

"Oh, no I'm not omoni. I-I'm just so happy that you're here. Y/n....she'll finally not be alone anymore." He said as he felt his heart melt at the thought of Y/n.

"She was never alone." Her mom replied before continuing to say "I was always watching over her from the shadows because I didn't want my old enemies after her. I may not have physically been there for her, but as much as I can I tried to always see her and help her in other ways."

Y/n's mother continued to explain everything from the beginning.

Jungkook quietly listened to her as everything finally fell into place and formed a clear picture of the past and the present.

~ Flashbacks ~

Y/n's mother never died in the fire due to the strength of her wolf.

After Jungkook's father killed Junho's father (the man who shot both Y/n's parents) it was only a matter of time before she woke up from the shock of being shot.

She managed to transform into her werewolf just in time to escape the house just as it burnt down into ashes.

She never revealed she was alive because Junho and many in his family were still after her for the evidence she carried against them and now for the death of Junho's mother and father.

She had to live in hiding and watch Y/n from afar.
Still, there were times she could not control herself and had to find ways to get closer to her daughter somehow.

It was her who sent the food as Nurse Eunjin to help Y/n get better when she was at the hospital after fainting.

It was her who had placed her husband's favorite flowers on his grave.
The very flowers that Y/n had picked up the day she visited her parents' graves.

It was her who had helped some of the officers in the other precinct so that Captain Min could bring all evidence to Y/n to put Junho away.

~ end of flashbacks ~

You mother had just finished explaining everything to Jungkook and had now sat down beside him checking to see if he was ok.

"So it was you all this time, you were the one always watching over her." He said as he let out a breath of relief after listening to the explanation.

"Yes. I wish I could have been with her and watch her grow but I didn't want to put her life in risk for my sake. I'm still very happy and very proud of her and how she managed to follow in my footsteps." She said as tears now started to form in her eyes.

"She really is amazing, thank you so much omoni for bringing such a wonderful woman into this world. I can't believe how lucky I am to have her as mine. I love her so much" He said as his eyes sparkled with all the love he had for you.

"She's also very lucky to have you too. I can say the same for myself. Knowing that I have a son like you who is always there for her makes me breathe easier and feel very lucky. You don't need to tell me you love her because this right here is enough proof for me." she said as she gently put her hand on Jungkook's bandaged shoulder.

Jungkook was so caught up in the moment he had completely forgotten to ask about you or where you were.
"Actually omoni, speaking of Y/n. Where is she?" he asked your mother.

Since she was also busy talking with Jungkook she was caught off guard when he asked her that question.

The smile on her face faded slightly
"Oh, about Y/n...." she started to say.

Something seemed off and Jungkook felt it.

His heart started to beat faster and pretty soon he was frantically trying to connect to you through the mind link but to his disappointment, you were not answering.

He was lost in his thoughts until your mother snapped him out of it as she said "Jungkook-ah, you need to calm down first. The doctors asked me not to tell you because it might stress you out."

"Where is she?!" Jungkook now asked desperately before your mom answered and said.
"She's admitted in one of the other hospital rooms."