𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11 - 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

~ Flashback - to when Jungkook's father was telling you about your past ~ refer to the end of Part 5 ~

"The day of the fire, as I carried you out, I saw somebody else. We were not alone." Jungkook's father said as he
looked at your shocked face.

You were still trying to calm yourself and process everything. The room was silent until slowly he continued to say. "The officer that just left the room earlier.... it's him"

"What?! Junho??!" you spoke a little too loud

"Shhhhh" Jungkook said as he put his hand over your mouth to stop you from yelling.

"Yes, it's him. I recognized his scent from years ago. I will never forget it. There was hints of the scent of grass and chalk...It's definitely him. You need to do a background check on him Y/n. I suggest you do it through another precinct so that he won't get suspicious." Jungkook's father said as he tried to make you understand the situation.

You couldn't believe your ears.

Your main officer being the connection to your past all these years.

He was right there, and you never even knew.

Leaning forward on the desk your left arm held your heavy head as your brain started filling with a million questions.

"abeoji...I think we should continue this conversation in one of our homes." You finally said as you collected yourself and brought back your confidence knowing you were now a step closer to bringing justice to your parents.

~ days later ~ at your home
(bits of the conversations that took place)

Y/n - "Ok so we need to hide most of the evidence but at the same time you want me to reveal some unintentionally? Like indirectly flaunt it in his face"

JK's father - "Yes, this way it will provoke him to get out of this character he is trying to be and cause him to do stupid things which will prove beneficial for us. We need to strike him before he strikes you. He probably hasn't done anything till now because he is trying to wait for the right moment to ruin everything in your world. Don't let that happen. You need to work fast and slow at the same time. Do you understand what I mean?"

Y/n - "yes abeoji, work fast before he makes a move but slow enough he won't suspect anything. I will handle it. I picked the 12th precinct because the captain, Min Yoongi, is friend of mine and we trained together as officers. I can trust him. He will get me all the evidence without letting anyone know."

Jungkook - "I checked the SUV that appa said was there at the day of the fire. It's a long shot but when we traced back to Junho's family we found out that the car is still there and what's more interesting is that Junho still visit's his old home where they have an old baseball ground. That's where the grass and chalk scent come from. There could also be evidence there of his connection to the mob."

JK's father - "It won't be easy but we need to check his current home too."

Y/n - "I will try to get a search warrant but we will only be able to do it as a last resort because we won't be able to search it without him knowing."