𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9 - 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒘𝒂𝒚

~ 2 am ~

It was past midnight.
Your hand held your head as you felt a whole mix of emotions swim through your entire body.
You were going through a disastrous concoction of pain, sorrow, guilt, sadness, anger, defeat and so many more negative feelings you never knew you could feel.

You were sitting on a chair that you had on your office balcony.
You sat there for almost 1 hour as the gears in your head started to smoke.
You had tear stains that ran down your face and messy hair from the amount of times your hand ran through them in frustration.

You weren't so sure what you were supposed to do, but most of all you couldn't believe the fact that things had gone so far south to this.

A cloud of fog formed in front of you as you let out a long and heavy sigh and finally stood up from the chair.

You went next to the rail as you looked down at the empty streets.
A few seconds later you were looking up towards the sky as you ever so slowly accepted what had happened and then in your weak voice said,
"I'm so sorry this happened to you....I will avenge your death and I will bring justice to both your family and mine. I promise."

Your alpha took over your body as you transformed into your wolf. A deep angry growl left your chest as not a moment later you let out a loud howl as your head pointed up to the moon and the angel now with her as you swore your vengeance.

~ next day ~

You were in your room trying to get ready to head out soon.
You were still very weak and didn't have much energy left in you but you still tried to do whatever you could just to make through today.
After washing up you finally went into your closet and opened the cupboard to find a box that you had tucked into the corner.
Opening it, you teared up slightly as your eyes looked at the little black dress inside.

Moments later, the bell rings as you open the door to reveal one of your officers.
"Hey captain, I'm here to take you to the service."

~ time skip ~

It was 11 in the morning.
You sat on one of the many benches that were around the big woodland area.
You drifted off in your thoughts not noticing the old man who came and sat next to you a few minutes later.
"Hey there sweetheart. How are you feeling?" he asked in his soft gentle tone.
You shook out of your thoughts, quickly wiping your tears and runny nose.

Clearing your throat, you slowly spoke out and said "I-I'm alright abeoji."

"You can get through this" Jungkook's father said as he put his hand behind your back and slowly rubbed it to comfort you.

"I'm so s-sorry, all this happened because of me, I shouldn't have brought up my past. Not when my p-present was already perfect and more so my future." You said as your voice hitched from the feeling of a lump that started to form in your throat again.

"Shhh, it's not your fault at all, I was the one who brought everything up and out into the open. Let's not give up and let all his efforts go in vain. You can do this. I know you can." He said as he tried to encourage you.

"Even though I didn't know him long, I really did love him. He.....was family." You said as your head hung low.

"I know sweetheart,.....I know." Jungkook's dad continued to say as he went on trying to comfort you, looking ahead at the small crowd gathered around a gravestone.

~ time skip ~

The coming days after the funeral service proved to be very tough on you.
You were tired and drained of all your energy as you burnt the midnight oil day after day.

You were on full speed trying to solve all the unfortunate events that have haunted you from your past till your present.

A week later, one late evening you were in your office going through the countless documents that were spread all over your entire desk.

You were a bit nervous because you were going to receive a full update on forensics, dna, blood and hair samples along with a bunch of other evidence you have been collecting for the past week.

You were busy finalizing all the pieces of your life's puzzle that you almost didn't hear the faint knock on your door.

It was an officer, who had a large thick envelope package with him.

You let him in and as he sat down you asked him,
"How's the 12th precinct doing Captain Min?"

"It's going good captain, we're sorry we took a bit long, I wanted to be thorough with everything so that you can finally put an end to this entire thing once and for all. I have all the detailed documents here. Cross reference all of them and then let us know. We can help you, after all you did help us with our case before so I'm more than willing to do whatever I can in my power to support you. Anything for you captain."
He said with a gentle smile as he pushed the large bundle of documents towards you.

You opened the bundle and started to look through some of the important documents first.
Your eyes quickly scanned through everything as they bounced left and right.

Towards the end of the last document you let out a sigh of relief as a tear escaped your eye and you said.

"Finally....I've finally done it."