Law 22: And The Plan Is...?

“Wha!” Ronald gasped. He backed away and dropped Lucifer’s mask. Lucifer kneeled on his right knee to get the mask from the ground. He covered his face with the mask once again.

“Good gracious!” Ronald shouted. “Are you even a dweller!?”

“…” Lucifer tied his mask on. “Our family suffered an unfortunate event. Inside the dark woods of the Island of the Lost , we encountered a-“

“Stop!” Ronald interrupted. “I don’t want to hear any of that shit. Never remove that mask again!” He ordered before leaving the group. “You ugly piece of…” Ronald gave a disgusted groan. “Arthur! Come with me !!”

“Ye-yes.” Arthur followed him and gave Lucifer a slight bow before leaving.

“Ha…” Lucifer sighed. “I’m getting too old for this.”

“What happened , Lucifer-sama?” Gwyn asked.

“Did he just say ugly?” Yuki looked at Ronald who was still wearing a frown before turning his head to Lucifer. “You of all people?”

“Body transformation.” Lucifer said. “Since I’m wearing a mask , the symbol is well hidden and it makes me able to change my face. Changing my face only takes a small amount of mana. ”

“Good thing we’re in broad daylight too, huh?” Yuki looked up at the sky.

“You know…” Belladonna caught everyone attention. “I’ve been thinking about this for a long time…”

“What is it, Belladonna?” Yuki asked.

“About the first prince…”

“What about them?” Yuki asked before continuing to dig.

“No. Although it’s impossible…” Belladonna shook his head. “But we might not be the only performers around.”

Gwyn and Lucifer remained silent.

**

“My son…” The king sat on his throne. He looked at the eerie colors of the light produced through the stained glass. It was the only source of light in the dark chamber of the lonesome king. The door opened.

“How are you, Barreto?” The queen , Julietta Julian entered. She left her servants the task of closing the door before taking a seat opposite to the king’s.

“I did what you asked of me.” The king replied. “Now tell me where my offspring is.”

“Barreto , you foolish king…” Julietta looked at the king who was turning skinnier and skinnier by the day. “Your son is long dead.”

“I don’t believe you.” Barreto replied. “I can still feel my son’s presence.”

“My advice is to stop praying for hopeless things.” Julietta said. “Oh , did I just say pray? Those puny Gods are not even Gods anymore, are they?”

“You cunning snake!” The king cursed. “I have done mine , so do your part according to our condition!”

“I am doing it.” The queen sat back. “I’m acting out the part you gave me. I am now a God , aren’t I?”

“You traitor of the land!!” The king hissed more. He was about to stand up but the usual symbols that chained him to his throne stopped him. “You are not a God! You are a tyrant trying to be a God and is bound to fail miserably! An evil person such as you cannot be compared even to the God’s toenails!”

The queen only chuckled.

“Give me my son!” The king shouted. “I agreed to give you control over my kingdom under a false diplomatic peace treaty, now give me my son back! My dear son , my only heir!!”