Law 17 : Do You Wish to Dream of the Past or the Future?

Diamond teleported near Vierne’s location , but far enough to be hidden from their sight.

“So that’s the Great Reaper.” Diamond closed in. “…Maybe she knows something about the traitor.”

“Stop!” Vierne shouted. “I’m not planning to hurt you or anything !”

“…” Belladonna looked over her shoulder. “For a dweller , you’re pretty funny.” Belladonna headed for the school. Midway , her body turned into countless white butterflies.

“…!?” Vierne stopped. “What the-“ He gazed at the fluttering wings. “Shit! Is this a cloning spell !?”

“Body transformation , huh.” Diamond appeared beside Vierne.

“Dia !” Vierne got startled a bit. “Since when – Wait! Were you the one who made that barrier !?”

“No time to explain. She’s the great reaper , this battle will not be that easy. Focus your mind.”

“Tch-“ Vierne clicked his tongue. “I know that ! No need to tell me. But you better explain later !”

“Still with that attitude.” Diamond sighed. “And here I thought you finally matured over the past few days.” He looked at the dark sky where white beings clouded the moon. “Body transformation is as its name says. You turn yourself into the form you want. But this kind of number… Vierne , you better sit down.”

“How can I think of sitting down in this kind of situation !?”

“You’re still a naïve child.” Diamond said. “Those butterflies – they are not real.”

“What do you mean..?”

“Body transformation can turn your body into anything but it cannot multiply yourself. The real body is hiding somewhere. It’s either the other butterflies are illusions , or clones.”

“Illusions…” Vierne said. “So I need to sit down and clear my mind to detect the real body?”

“No.” Diamond replied. “You have no chance of winning against her. I’m telling you to sit down and accept your death quietly.”

“…Old man , I know you trained me and all but,” Vierne said. “,I really feel like killing you right now.”

“Just kidding. I only had to make sure you’re no illusion.” Diamond said. “Anyway , that person is Belladonna , the Great Reaper of Souls. And you know how reapers suck at negotiations . We are ordered by Kami-sama to capture her alive.”

“Did you say ‘Kami-sama’?” The voice rumbled in the sky. The butterflies all talked at once , making their voices vibrate. “You , person with the diamond crest under his right eye. You know a lot about my spells. Where did you learn about it?”

“I-” Diamond’s sentence was cut off. A symbol appeared and Pierrot came out. “Just why in heaven’s hell does everyone keep interrupting my speeches?”

“’Cause adults hate listening to some brat’s whines.” Pierrot smirked. “Well , jokes aside-”

“That is one insane amount of butterflies.” Pierrot looked up. “Ah , I see. It’s ‘that’ , huh?”

“Why you….” Diamond became irritated. “You know the trick behind it already? You truly are the master of deceit and necromancy. So? Let the cat out of the bag already.”

“Yeah , there’s no mistake about it.” Pierrot looked at Diamond. “It’s time for the mating season !!”

“…” Diamond , Vierne , and even Belladonna kept silent.