Law 14 : Love , Happiness , and Pain

As the curtain raises , we see a girl with a mask wearing a one piece. She stood at the top of the tall clock tower. The horned demon , Firrell , was sitting beside her looking down the busy humans at night. The wind rushed a cold chill.

 “London bridge is falling down ~ Falling down ~ Falling down~” The masked girl hummed. It was Genesis.

 “That song again?” Firrell groaned. Genesis turned her head.

 “Why not?” She chuckled “It is such a lovely song.”

 “Well , whatever.”

 Genesis stared at the distance , reminiscing the past .

“Genesis , come here!” A lady from my memories called.

 The lady put a garland of beautiful white roses on top of my head. She chuckled ever so sweetly like she always did. “You look as charming as ever , my dear Genesis.” She said to me with a grand smile. I smiled along with her. The me that was so innocent at that time , not knowing anything about the beings called Gods. A man came through the door which have always appeared. I never knew how such a thing is possible. But one thing for sure, I never liked this man. I hugged the lady tight , hiding in her crystal white gown. I noticed something. Something was behind that man. No. Rather , ‘someone’.

“Look.” The man said. “I finished creating this boy.”

“Ahh…” The lady smiled “What a wonderful child.”

The lady turned to me. “Now go , my dear Genesis. This young boy will play with you from now on.”

The lady and the man entered through the door and vanished. I was left with this boy whom I have never even met , yet alone know his name. I began to feel sad , starting to yearn for the mother-like lady. We have never been apart before.

“Ummm…” I noticed the boy say something. “I-It’s nice to meet you… My name is Alex Nightwalker.”

“A…lex…?” I tried to speak his name.

“Ah , could it be that you don’t know verbal communication?” He asked. I shook my head. “I see. Then I’ll try to teach it to you step by step.” Alex smiled. He was a shy , gentle boy. The lady started to visit less than before. However , I was still happy because Alex was always there for me. Soon enough I learned how to speak , though in syllables.

“Al !” I shouted his name. He looked back and smiled.

“Genesis , I told you to call me Alex.” He flicked my forehead. “Alex , okay?”

“Al…ex…” I muttered , then he smiled. And so , I smiled also. “Alex !”

I learned many things after that and as days pass by , my speech improved a lot. The crystal blue sky at day , the glittering stars at night , and the striking green of the hills. A lot more was added to my knowledge. But along with my discovery , I also learned about emotions. I learned about love , happiness , and pain.

“Alex!” I held his hand in mine. “Look! The flowers are blooming!” He picked some and turned it into a garland.

“Why don’t you try this on?” Alex smiled. He was about to hand it to me but there was a sudden ringing of bells. Whenever we hear the bells , it only means one thing.

“The lady is arriving!” Alex exclaimed in joy. He stood up almost immediately and ran uphill where the bells ring. He left the garland of flowers on the ground. I looked at him go. Yes… I learned love , happiness …. and pain.

I picked the flowers from the ground and went to where the lady and Alex were. Upon arrival , I saw him talking happily to the lady. The world between the two of them is unreachable for me.  My heart ached. It’s like… I never even existed. Alex completely forgot my presence.