Law 7 : Vierne's Judgment

Time started ticking back to the present . The moment Vierne’s eyes grabbed light , he was in a place very familiar . He was in the Council of Cards’ judgment court – the very place where sinners involved in major cases go . And in this case , Asriel Celestia is in a life and death Situation . Vierne was then proclaimed as a defender , one who denies the sin the sinner committed

            Diamond’s raged face came out from the dark . Vierne unconsciously took a step back . Diamond sat between Clover and spades .

            “ We will start with the Purification “ Diamond stated

            “ Wa-wait ! “ Vierne said , trying to stop the session . “ I can’t purify ! I just got purified myself ! “

            Out of nowhere , a sharp crystal , shaped as a diamond , bruised Vierne’s right cheek .

            “ Do not dare challenge my patience any longer . “ Diamond said with a voice full of murderous intent .

            Vierne fall back in silence . The Purification continued .

            “If the Gods lose their life because of you , I will see to it myself that you will feel eternal suffering in hell “ Clover muttered .

            Other than the Council of Cards , there were a whole lot of dwellers present . Almost all high rankings attended the session , proving the importance of this issue .

            Asriel Celestia has two councils and three ministries present up to now . Dwellers from the Ministry are not allowed to casually attend a purification , so only chosen ones are allowed to attend  . On the other hand , the Council of Cards are the most powerful , consisting of dwellers with large amount of magic , while the Council of the Royals are the most influential , mostly formed by elders from the Ministry of Magic  , relatives of the Royal Family and other aristocrats .

            The Holy Land is , one way or another , similar to the human realm . It is also considered as a country , where countries exist and where Gods are worshipped . The difference is that the countries refers to the two kingdoms : The Angel’s and the Demon’s Boundary . Celestial beings are the actual citizens and the Gods physically exist .

“ In my name , Caulfield Ren Barreto , I now open this session “ A person in a long robe of violet with the embroidery of gold said , raising his right hand with the air of dignity around him.

The Barreto family are the royalty of the demon kind . The demon’s island , as well as the angel’s , is a separate island from the main land , where the councils , ministries and God’s Tower lies .

“ I am here to represent the Southern East Island , with the pride of being one of the Demon kind .” Caulfield sat down in his chair .

The members of  the Council of Royals started to murmur .

“Where is the Southern West’s royalty ? “ an elder whispered

“How come only the demon royal is here ? “ one angel asked , with the demand that at lest the angels should send a representative .

“ Please calm down . “ Spades stopped the chattering “ Priority , first . “

“But Spades-dono , the royal family of angels , not even sending a proxy is an insult – “ an elder from the Ministry of Magic said .

“Then I will take it that you think this insult is more important than the Gods “ Spades cut his sentence , giving him a cold stare .

The elder swallowed his words “ Pardon my insolence .“

“ It is rather true that the Council of Royals are influential for they manage the affairs of all dwellers in Asriel Celestia “ Clover butted in , playing with his hair . He took a glance at the elder “ But you guys should at least know that this matter is top priority , right ? “ Clover said in a mocking tone . He continued on “ I know you respect the Royals and they have become your pride and all but if the Gods are gone , we are bound to go extinct . Even if the Royals do survive , there is no guarantee that they can bear the responsibility of making sure we are all kept alive . “    

The tension thickened in the air .

“ Let us go on “ Diamond ordered “ Prosecutors , please proceed . Supervisors , make sure there will be no false judgment . Everyone , refrain from making any comments that could disrupt the session . “

The room turned dim . Both councils sat at the sides of the four-cornered room . Vierne stood at the center , as if he was the sinner himself .

The accused , Yuki , for committing murder . “ a body was summoned through a dimension portal shaped as a door . A door which travels through all dimensions .

“ The defender , Vierne , please state your defense . “

What defense ?! This guy clearly killed his own sister because of his own selfish desire ! What the hell do you want me to use to defend this trash ?!  Vierne ranted inside his mind  TO HELL WITH THIS !

Vierne made a big gulp “ He loved her sister , that’s enough right ? “

And because love is involved anything can be forgiven ?

“Yes . “ Vierne replied .

So if someone loves money so much to the point that he will kill others – this act will still be forgiven ?

Vierne could not reply . Silence grew inside the room . Even a muscle don’t dare to move .

I repeat – Will sin be forgiven because love is involved ?

Vierne could not reply once again . Everyone is starting to sweat .

“ I’m sorry . “ Vierne replied , thinking that the situation the prosecutor gave is rather convincing him that love cannot fill the flaws of evil .

Are you going back to your word ?

Inside the chamber , Kami and Lucifer sat quietly in the darkness with their backs leaning on each other . Kami sat in silence , playing with a crimson rose in her hand , twisting and looking at it in all angles .

They spoke through words which was not spoken with the mouth .

 I wonder if Vierne will be alright … Ne , Lulu , shouldn’t we help him ? One word from our mouth  and all this hassle would be over . ‘  Kami asked Lucifer

Do not doubt him now , LEE ‘  Lucifer chuckled ‘ Besides , if we disrupt him now , he will not grow . ‘

‘ Heh – This is not the time to be sarcastic , you know . We could really die if Vierne were to fail . ‘

‘Death , huh ? ‘  Lucifer whispered ‘ That would be nice , too . ‘

Lucifer noticed Kami’s hand gripping his more tightly . He looked at the corner of his eyes then let out a painful smile

‘Don’t make such a sorrowed face . See ? Even Gwyn Cysgod is crying in pain ‘

‘ I know that . ‘  Kami said , kissing the rose on her hand .

Because I feel the pain firsthand . ‘

The rose quickly withered and turned into dust .

Law 7 : Vierne’s Judgment