Law 20 : God's Performers

“I see…” Lucifer said. “Planning such a thing and executing it flawlessly…That’s like Kami , indeed.”

“I didn’t think you’d react this calmly…” Gwyn wiped his sweat off.

“No.” Lucifer shook his head. “I kind of expected this. Kami will continue to sacrifice herself to atone for her sins.”

Gwyn, Pierrot and Diamond kept silent.

“Sacrifice, huh…” Diamond mumbled. Something shone bright. Everyone , aside from Lucifer who continued drinking tea , looked where the light was coming from. It was Belladonna’s body. Belladonna opened her eyes almost immediately and sat up straight.

“Ah.” She noticed Lucifer. “Lucifer-sama…”

“Well, it seems like everyone’s here.” Lucifer put down his cup. “Let’s start phase two of my plan , shall we?”

“Your plan..?” Diamond asked.

“Sleeping inside the chamber for thousands of years was not for naught.” Lucifer smiled lightly. “Belladonna , get your soul inside Pierrot’s puppet.”

“But Kami-sama said it doesn’t work inside the human realm…”

“This basement is not part of the human realm.” Lucifer replied. “This is a fourth dimension created by Kami herself.”

Belladonna hurriedly went to connect herself to the puppet.

“Gwyn , did you get something from the library?”

“Yes…we did…” Gwyn replied hesitantly.

“No need to be so stiff.” Lucifer said , summoning some scrolls.

“…” Gwyn remained silent. He spread out the scrolls and summoned a symbol to transfer the data they gathered. “We were able to narrow the suspects down.”

The symbol finished transferring the texts. Everyone looked at the scroll and among the names , one word caught their attention the most.

“Reincarnation?” Diamond wondered. “But that’s a book.”

“Yes, it is a book.” Gwyn said. “Out of all the names we’ve gathered , there’s no one connected to the Ministry of Souls.”

“So it was not the Ministry of Souls , after all?” Pierrot asked.

“The reason why there’s no one from the Ministry of Souls is because they are counted as one.” Gwyn explained to Pierrot. “Everyone from the said ministry is planning a rebellion themselves.”

“Wait a minute.” Belladonna interrupted. “Are you saying that my fellow reapers are all traitors?”

“That’s what I can conclude for now.” Gwyn replied.

“What about the book then?”

“Reapers reincarnate in a rather unique way.”Gwyn said. “They reincarnate together with their past memories.”

“And…?” Diamond asked. “I don’t see how they are traitors here.”

“No. His theory is plausible.” Belladonna nodded in agreement. “Think about it. There are circumstances where reapers accumulate fruitless regrets and grudges in their past lives , how do you think they forget about those?”

“Alteration of memory.” Gwyn continued for Belladonna. “Normally, reapers hate this method. But later on realized that this for the better.”

“Aside from the collection department which collects souls of humans , there is a separate group that collects the souls of reapers. And that is the Assassination Squad.”