17.

Cassie and Lily were sprawled across twin beds in Lily's room. They were reading magazines and gossiping as girls tend to do. Lily's room was around the same size as James', but she had a twin sized bed, which had been magically duplicated for Cassie to sleep on. Her walls were light yellow with purple butterflies that flapped their wings every so often, her carpet was a matching purple. Two white dressers sat on either side of a floor length mirror and her white desk was organized neatly. Cassie had also noticed that Lily's bookshelf held more books than things, as it should, unlike James. She also had a few pictures of her family and friends and only two quidditch posters on her wall. One poster was of the whole Holyhead Harpies team, Ginny included and the other a single player zooming around.

Cassie figured Scorpius and Al must enjoy sharing Al's room just as much as she enjoyed sharing Lily's. Cassie had always found sharing a room fun. Since she'd always been a single child she found the chaos and comradery with large families was thrilling. Cassie never complained about her dorm mates at Hogwarts and she wouldn't complain about sharing a room with Lily.

"Dad's home!" Teddy's voice rang throughout the house. Lily sprang up and raced out to the hall way. Cassie followed behind her slowly. She got to the bedroom door just in time to witness Al whipping past and down the next set of stairs. Scorpius walked after Al, he shook his head fondly at his friend's antics. Cassie began to start down the stairs, but stopped when she heard another pair of footsteps coming from above. James thudded down into view.

"Hey." They both greeted each other at the same time with grins.

"Dad, dad! James brought home a girl and she's sharing a room with me and he does whatever she says! It's so funny, and-" James eyes widened and his ears went pink at the sound of his little sisters' voice. Lily was speaking at warp speed in her excitement at seeing her dad for the first time since she'd gotten on the train for school, months ago. James sprinted down the stairs yelling crazily.

"Don't listen to anything she says, it's all lies!" Cassie chuckled and traipsed to the kitchen where the large Potter family and Scorpius stood.

"It's true dad!" Al interrupted James. "She's awesome." Cassie had entered by now, she ruffled Al's hair as she passed and then offered her hand to shake Harry's.

"I'm Cassie Malfoy." She introduced with a wide smile.

"Harry Potter." Harry shook her hand firmly before continuing. "Malfoy? As in Draco Malfoy?"

"He's my father, yes." Cassie responded.

"Your dad and I were rivals when we went to school."

"I know, he told me that you saved his life once." She gushed, causing a blush to take over Harry's cheeks.

"Alright, everyone sit for dinner." Ginny commanded, with a wave of her hand the table set itself. The food was already laid out, waiting to be served.

Scuttling and bumping began as the group attempted to seat themselves, Al dragging in an extra chair from the dining room. The table was slightly crowded, but they fit well enough.

Harry sat at one end of the table, Ginny to his right, then Teddy and Lily. Harry motioned for Cassie to sit beside him on the left, James claimed the seat beside her, Al sat next to him and Scorpius at the other end of the table.

"Since we are doing Christmas here this year, we'll be sitting at the dining table for the majority of the week." Ginny informed Cassie. Lily began bouncing up and down in her excitement, causing Teddy to spill the peas. Harry, James and Al didn't seem nearly as thrilled as her and showed this by groaning collectively.