30.

Hannah, Layla, Cassie, Alfie, James, Al, Scorpius, Fred and Lily all sat beneath the tree by the lake. They'd all spread out on a blanket and were eating snacks from the kitchens.

It was a sunny day. The weather always seemed to grow cheerier as summer came closer. The group was shouting over each other and peels of laughter were let out every couple seconds.

Every time their group laughed they'd receive looks. They were very distinct as they were louder and larger than any other group that was out enjoying the lovely day. They also had quite a few red-heads, whose hair was exceedingly bright on such a sunny day.

"How do you feel about NEWTS?" Layla asked Fred. He clapped his hands over his ears.

"Don't speak of them! I've still got two weeks! Two!" He insisted. The others laughed at him. Layla smiled and apologised for bringing it up.

"I'm terrified for OWLS." Albus groaned.

"Me too." Scorpius grabbed for a chocolate frog and began peeling off its packaging. The frog made a great leap and started off towards the water. "Oi! Come back here." Scorpius jumped to his feet and sprinted after his chocolate. He dived after it as it made one last leap into the water.

Scorpius landed with a splash into the water. Everyone roared with laughter. He stood and found himself knee deep in the water. His face was turning pink as the others laughter continued. He sloshed back to the shore and plopped down beside Lily. She was stifling her giggles with her hands.

"Don't worry Al, all they care about during the OWLS is if you can cast a fully corporeal patronus." James shrugged nonchalantly and bit into a sandwich.

"What?" Al's eyes widened. "But I can't- we never learned-"

"He's only pulling your leg." Layla reassured him. He let out a large breath in relief. Then he launched himself at James. The two began rolling around on the ground as they shouted insults.

"Boys." Cassie muttered to Hannah, shaking her head in exasperation.

"I know, honestly." Hannah leaned back against Alfie, attempting to cuddle. He however, seemed unaware as he reached forward to grab an apple and eat it. Hannah ended up laying awkwardly all the way on her back, flat.

"Are you guys ready for the game tomorrow?" Scorpius asked loudly.

"Definitely!" Fred grinned wide. "It'll be the greatest game of my hogwarts career."

"Well now you've jinxed it." Lily told him matter-of-factly. Fred rolled his eyes and tossed a chip at her. Lily caught it and threw it in her mouth.

"I think we've got a chance." James had Al pinned down and was able to contribute to the conversation again. "Ravenclaw beat Hufflepuff into the ground, and they lost against Slytherin by just a few points. If we can score sixty more than them as well as catch the snitch we'll beat Slytherin."

"It'll be difficult to get sixty over them. I think Gryffindor can easily get forty over them, but sixty might be a stretch." Cassie reasoned with James. He nodded thoughtfully.

"I think that'd be true if Marky Fink wasn't out. He's an excellent keeper, but his girlfriend wasn't too happy to find him with Charlie Bentz and gave him a couple rather nasty hexes."

Cassie leaned forward. "That might give you guys the edge you need."

Alfie groaned and put his head in his hands.