26.

James walked to Hogsmeade alone as all of his friends had plans. He didn't much care though as he was incredibly excited to see Teddy. He had to physically stop himself from sprinting to the Three Broomsticks.

When he got there he realized he was slightly early as it was only eleven fifteen. He figured he could just grab a table and wait until Teddy got there. He wasn't looking forward to sitting alone so he checked the bar for someone he could talk to for a bit.

He found Cassie.

James grinned. He hadn't know Cassie was even going to Hogsmeade. She'd told him a couple weeks ago that Hannah and Layla already had plans. He'd felt bad about being unable to go with her, but she'd been very understanding.

"Hey!" He walked over to her table and stood in front of it. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh hello!" She smiled at James. "I'm waiting for Marcus."

"Marcus Corner?" James' smile fell slightly.

Marcus Corner was another chaser on James' team and James wasn't crazy about him. Marcus was constantly late to practices and games. He always acted superior to James purely because he was a year older. Sometimes he would attempt to help James captain the team.

"Yeah." Cassie watched James face carefully.

"I didn't know you guys were friends." James pursed his lips.

"Well we aren't exactly. I mean we've talked a couple times and he asked me out and I had no reason to say no. Right?"

"Yeah, right." James grumbled his agreement. He was sure he could give Cassie plenty of reasons not to accept a date with Marcus, but before he could say any of them Marcus himself appeared.

"Hey Cassie! Sorry I'm late! I saw you were talking to Potter so I went and bought us drinks." Marcus scooted in beside Cassie and placed a butterbeer beside her.

"Thank you! That was sweet of you."

"No problem." Marcus grinned.

"I guess I better be going." James said through gritted teeth.

"I'll see you later James! Tell Teddy hello for me." Cassie waved as James left to find his own table.

Teddy joined James a couple minutes later with a large smile. James should have noticed Teddy sooner what with his bright blue hair, but his mind had been focused on disliking Marcus.

Teddy sat and they began talking immediately. James slowly began to forget his anger and slip into their usual banter. James loved talking with Teddy, he always had the best stories from working with Uncle Charlie in Romania.

James told Teddy about the latest monkey and banana prank. Teddy laughed at the appropriate moments and then began to tell his own stories. James was nearly in stitches after Teddy's very enthusiastic telling of a baby chimera attempting to cuddle with a welsh green.

Their stories continued with avidity until at one thirty when Teddy stood up reluctantly.

"I better head out. Vic was going dress shopping with Dom today, so I'm supposed to go pick her up."

James groaned half-heartedly.

"Alright then. Bye Teddy." James and Teddy clapped each other on the back and Teddy left. James was ready to leave himself when his eyes flickered over to where Marcus and Cassie still sat. They had desserts in front of them and more drinks and Cassie was laughing loudly at something Marcus had said.

James' anger returned in a mere second. He almost stormed over to their table, but couldn't think of anything to say. He instead averted his eyes and attempted to distract himself by looking at all the people in the bar.