Chapter 18

Vincent's Pov:

I laid in bed throwing a ball in the air and catching it. Being suspended blows. I'm bored out of my mind.

For the last two days I begged Dare to stay home with me but Mr goody two shoes had to go to school. The up side is Principal Henry is on suspension until a full investigation is made.

Mrs Jarrod called to say that word is 'this is the straw that broke the camal's back' since so many complaints have been filed about him termination is almost a given.

I heard a loud bang and ran out to see what was going on. Dare stormed through the front door and slammed it shut. I watched him throw his football gear bag down and storm into the kitchen.

I followed and watched him silently for a few moments. He had his back turned and was digging in the freezer.

When he turned I gasped. Holy shit!!

"What the hell happened?" I asked rushing to him. He had a nasty bruise forming on his cheekbone and a spit lip.

Now that I was really looking at him. Wow, he looked a hot mess. His uniform was way dirtier then usual and he had scrapes on his arms. He's obviously been in a brawl.

He glared at me. "Don't want to talk about it." He muttered as he moved to walk passed me.

"Too bad. You're gonna" I rebutted.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" He asked in a controlled voice that still managed to ooze anger.

"I love you?" I wasnt sure what I was supposed to be saying.

Why is he acting pissed off at me? Everything was fine this morning and our texts throughout the day were normal. What's got him so butt hurt? I can't think of anything I did to cause this level of pissed.

He snorted. "One question. Have you hooked up with any other guys?" He growled.

WTH where is that coming from.

"No, why?"

I'm totally lost right now.

"What does that have to do with you looking like shit?"

He looked at me closely searching for I don't know what and I let him. I never lie to him, I've always told him everything. He's always been my person. The one I can be totally straight with. No pun intended.

He sighed and ran his hand down his face. "Your friend Robert is a d*ck. Long story short: there was an issue, I called him out on it. He acted an ass, I acted an ass. We fought. He said somethings and we fought some more. Oh and I'm suspended for the next three days for it. So yeah, your friend's a d*ck."

"Okayyyy, First let's get you cleaned up and check the damage. Then you are gonna tell me the long version. But yeah he's a d*ck and hello I'm not friends with him anymore." I pulled him to the bathroom.

He sat down and I started the shower.

"Wanna tell me why you thought I cheated?" I asked while I adjusted the temperature.

He closed his eyes and leaned back. "I didn't think you cheated. I know you'd never do that."

"Then what's with the question?"

He sighed but opened his eyes and answered me. "After the first squabble I made a crack at Robert about being jealous and wanting you. He never really liked me and now he seems to really hate me. So I popped off and said if he was that into you maybe he should jump out of the closet and try to get you. He said he'd already had you and that you're only with me because he shot you down."