Chapter 23

Vincent's Pov:

I snickered but caught myself when Dare gave me the evil eye. "Seriously you cant tell me you didn't see two of our best friends totally avoid us?"

"I didn't see anything babe. I was too busy staring at you." I said it overly loud because that was all part of the plan.

He didn't seem to notice that I was almost yelling. Haha this is gonna be shweeet!

Right on cue the first chick walked up with a red rose. She blushed but brazened it out and handed it to him.

He took it and looked from me to her. You could hear the confusion in his voice when he spoke.

"Umm I think you have the wrong person." He said nicely. She shook her head and turned on her heel without uttering a word.

He faced me "What the hell is that about?"

I shrugged. "Dunno"

This went on for the next 20 minutes. In total he had 36 red, white and pink roses before the bell rang to go to our first class. Every single one delivered by a different person and not one of them said a single word.

He was beyond confused and I just nodded along when he said 'someone must have slipped acid in every ones water bottle. I mean how completely random is that.'

This kept on throughout the first half of the day. Between classes one by one people would rush up to him and silently give him a rose.

I kindly got a clear trash bag from a janitor so he could carry them easily.

A few minutes before fourth period ended a delivery guy knocked on the door. Normally a teacher wouldn't allow this but I'd already cleared it with Mrs Sharp.

She opened the door and quietly directed him to our table. He set a huge stuffed penguin and big basket of all Dare's favorite candies in front of him.

Dare shook his head. "There must be a mix up. These cant be for me." He pleaded.

The guy shrugged. "I got your name, class and even a description of you. It's for you." He said before walking away. The guy had timed it perfectly. Before Dare could question it or freak out the bell rang dismissing us to lunch.

"Seriously Vin! What the hell is going on? Are you doing this?" He panicked.

I patted his head and kissed his cheek. "I wish but I'm just not that smooth. Guess you have a secret admirer." I said as we plopped down at our table.

I eyed the flowers."How many is that anyway?"

He looked through the clear trash bag I'd given him to carry all of them in and shrugged. "Somewhere around 200 roses I think. f*ck I dunno. Oh man this is probably a huge mix up and it's supposed to be some sweet girl getting all these so she'd go out with a guy and now they're never gonna hook up and it's all because some moron started bringing them to me and everyone just followed suite! I'm totally c*ck blocking true love!" He spazzed

I pulled him into my arms. "You are so sexy when you freak out. I'm sure whoever set this thing up knew what they were doing and it wasn't an accident that you got them. So stop worrying about c*ck blocking true love." I reassured him.

He groaned. "What if whoever is doing this is trying to make you think I cheated! Oh shit! You know I wouldn't do that right?"

I kissed him as his answer. I didn't want him freaking I just wanted to do something special for him. I silently told him to hang in a little longer. Just a few more minutes before the finale.