Chapter 20

Vincent's Pov:

We woke up late because Dereck forgot to set the alarms. So we hurried through getting ready and since we didn't have time to try and 'cook' something we just stopped off at a bakery to get a cake for Dare's Aunt Margret.

"It's nice of Margy to invite us over for Thanksgiving lunch. Gigi's gonna be there right?" I asked him as we pulled into their drive way.

"Gigi better be here or we're leaving. I love Aunt Margret but I can only take that crazy woman in small doses before I feel the intense urge to scream." Dare huffed.

I gave him a quick kiss. "It'll be fine. She means well. She just gets a little over excited. Besides I'll be your buffer. If she starts to get on your nerves just signal me and I'll fake choking or something to get her off your back."

He rolled his eyes. "Who knows, she may finally get off my ass when she see's I 'settled down' and stop trying to shove all her friend's 'nice daughters' down my throat." He huffed yet again.

He opened his door and walked to the house with his head hung like he was headed for the gallows. I smartly kept my laugh in check and caught up with him. He slung his arm around me and paused. "After lunch?"

I nodded, this was his show so if he wanted to wait until we ate to tell them about me that's his perogative and I'll always back my boy.

His aunt Margret is a sweet lady but she's convinced Dare was single all these years because he just doesn't know how to talk to girls. Even when we try to tell her he dates plenty he just isn't ready for a serious relationship. She thinks he's a dud in the chick department. So anytime she's around she tries setting him up with a friend's daughter. To the great annoyance of Dare and my amusement.

His Uncle Teddy threw open the door and yanked us into a hug. "Hey boys, it's been too damn long!"

We heard a distinct squeal and Gigi came barreling toward us. She pushed her dad out of the way and launched herself into us.

"You two have been naughty boys! How come you didn't call me?" She gushed. I looked at Dare and he shrugged.

"I had to hear it from Sammy!! That's okay I forgive you. It's obvious you were just caught up in the love bubble" She declared grinning from ear to ear.

Dare's cheeks tinged a cute shade of pink and I laughed pulling him closer and whispering in his ear. "You're sexy when you blush babe" Which of course made him blush even more.

I glanced at Gigi to see her high fiving her dad. I gave them a WTF look.

Teddy just shrugged. "It's about damn time. I was beginning to think y'all were just completely stupid." He said shaking his head in mock disappointment. He perked up and leaned forward.

He stage whispered so Aunt Margret couldn't hear from the dining room.

"We haven't told Margret yet. So aah good luck with that. She's convinced she found the girl of your dreams Dereck. Hey don't look at me like that. You tried telling her you were taken, but she didn't believe it. So nothing I said would have worked. Plus come on, she banned the football game. I need some form of entertainment." He wagged his brows.

I choked on my laugh when Dare elbowed me. "Don't encourage the old fool. He probably egged Aunt Margret on for his own perverse amusement." He whined.

We walked into the dinning room and my jaw dropped. I'd stopped so suddenly that Dare slammed into my back. I held back my laugh even though it almost killed me.

Yep it's definitely gonna be entertaining. I glanced at Teddy and Gigi to see them pulling up chairs and getting comfy to watch the upcoming floor show.