Chapter 15

Dereck's Pov:

Peter and Veronica stood there staring right back. Veronica moved to hug me. "Hey sweetie"

"Dare hurry up, I'm starving! You cant wear me out like that and then not feed me." Vin teased from the other room.

I wanted to be like Stretch Armstrong and reach all the way into the other room and slap him and his stupid mouth.

Peter's eyes narrowed and Veronica let out a small smile.

"Ignore him, He's high. I'll uhh be right back. I'm just gonna tell him you're here." I muttered not bothering to fake a smile at these jerk offs.

"Babe?" he called cause I hadn't answered him.

"Shut up Vincent!" I yelled back.

This was gonna be bad. No need to make things worse by telling his homophobic abusive parents we were together.

I walked into the living room and one look at my face and he knew something was up. He jumped off the couch and rushed to me.

"Dare? What's wrong? Who was at the door? Babe?" I said the two names he hated more than anything. "Peter and Veronica"

"Are here" His dad said angrily behind me.

I moved to stand by Vin. Lisa shot me a questioning look but I shook my head. Now was not the time for questions. A few seconds passed and no one said anything. Vin and Peter had a death glare match going on.

"Leave" Vin growled out taking a threatening step forward. I grabbed his elbow just to make sure he didn't haul off and have a Jerry Springer style family beat down. Veronica was doing the same to Peter. The door bell rang. No body moved.

"Lisa can you be a sweetheart and go get our food. Dare left the cash on the table." Vin said without looking away from his dad. She nodded and left wordlessly.

"I'm not leaving here until me and you have an understanding." Peter growled.

Vin snorted. "We do. I understand you're an abusive bigoted dick and you understand I fuckin don't want you in my house."

"Vin, chill maybe he came to make peace. Everyone just needs to calm down and talk" I said in a tone reserved for calming him down when he was pissed.

Lisa walked in with the food and Veronica grabbed some and helped her carry it to the coffee table. She smiled at her. "Hi I'm Veronica Vincent's mother and that's his father Peter." She said sweetly. Lisa shook her hand. "I'm Lisa. Nice to meet you."

"Are you dating Vincent? Or Dereck?"

Lisa laughed. "No! That would make things a little awkward. I'm just a friend and I'm here for the story approval about them."

"Oh? About the team?" She asked.

Peter shot her a glare and she shut up.

"Lets get down to business, I had an interesting conversation with our lawyer. Anything you want to say?" Peter sneered.

Vin laughed. "Depends. Did he tell you about my new job? If he didn't we can talk about that. It's gonna be hard but I think I'll come to love it" He said laughing at his father's reaction.

Since when is he getting a job? I told him I'd help if money was tight. Vin looked at his mom and laughed because she had her mouth wide open in shock. Okay what am I missing. He grabbed my hand and pulled be to the couch.

His father roared. "Over my dead body! No member of this family will work as a gay porn star. Gay for pay is still gay! I wont let you smear this family's good-"