Chapter 28

Dereck's Pov:

I groaned and snuggled deeper into the blankets and Vin's warmth. I heard him laugh but ignored it. Just like I ignored the blaring alarm when it went off. I was too comfortable and just too damn tired to even think about getting up.

"You gotta get up babe or we'll be late." He cooed running his hand down my chest. "Uggh don't care, let's just not go." I mumbled burrowing deeper into him.

His fingers found my hip bone and tickled. I jerked and my eyes flew open. He grinned and tickled me even harder.

"Okay okay I'm up. Stop!" I whined

"We gotta be at school in 30 minutes so get a move on sexy!" He chirped

"You're way too peppy. It's annoying and why the hell are you already dressed?" I asked getting out of bed and stretching, trying to wake myself up.

He shrugged. "I woke up before the alarms even went off. I'm not annoying, I'm amazing... At least that was what you were moaning last night, and the night before and the night before that and the one before that and"

"Alright! I get it... Shut up." I said blushing like crazy.

I threw the pillow at him but before it could smack him in his over inflated head he caught it. "If I had known sex was gonna make you a pain in the ass we would still be waiting!" I snapped.

He burst out laughing. I thought back on what I'd said and rolled my eyes at myself.

Note to self.. No talking until I've been up at least 10 minutes and my brain is functioning properly!

"Pain in the ass! Hahaha. Your's or mine sweeting? Because there has been a whole lot of switch hitting!" He was still laughing when I closed the bathroom door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I leaned tiredly on my locker as I waited for Vin to get his crap out of his locker. He shot me a grin and shook his head. "Babe you gotta perk up! How can you be so damn tired when we just had like a three week vacation?"

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe because I only got a few hours of sleep last night. While someone was snoring my ear off I was wide awake." I complained.

He slipped his arms around me and gave me a tender kiss.

"I do not snore. But you should've woke me up. Next time we go out of town we're not gonna fly in the night before. You get jittery and it screws with your sleep. If you're that tired we can go home. Tell the nurse you're sick or something."

"No I'm fine, once school gets rolling I'll wake up. I might crash in class if the teacher lets me." I said snuggling into him. The bell rang and I went to pull away but he just tucked me into his chest and led us to class.

The day passed by uneventfully and now we're in lunch. Vin made me sit down and went to get our food. I laid my head on the table and closed my eyes. I felt the chair beside me move and a few seconds later a gentle hand smoothed my hair.

"MMm that was fast babe. Whatdya get to eat?" I murmured finally opening my eyes. The smile I had died instantly and I sat up completely alert now.

For a few seconds neither of us said anything.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders but spoke anyway. "I'm back... Look can we talk? I just want to lay everything out and put all this crap behind us." His tone of voice was so very different then it had been the last several months.