Chapter 1

Prologue (Almost a year ago)

Dereck's Pov:

Beeep Beeep Beeeep. My alarm clock blared and I slammed my hand down to make it stop. Jeez, alright already, I'm up. I stretched out and hopped out of bed when I remembered the reason I set the stupid thing to wake me up at 5 in the morning on a freakin Saturday. It's my Vin's 17th birthday!

I tiptoed out of my room and popped my head into his room next door. Technically it's one of the many spare rooms but since we got older and started bringing girls back to the house we decided it'd be best to stop sleeping in the same bed. Granted it's a king bed, still wouldn't want people thinking something crazy was going on. So he moved next door and claimed it as his own.

I watched for a few seconds to make sure he's still out. I smiled in anticipation and high tailed it to the room across the hall where all my supplies are. I grabbed the duffel bag and quietly walked back into his room.

I got out the red permanent marker and across his forehead wrote 'Birthday Bitch!' On his left cheek I wrote '$10 lap dances' and finally on his right cheek I wrote '$20 2 make U holla' for the finishing touch I drew a giant penis on each of his forearms. In black from wrist to elbow.

I got out the two heavy duty metal pots and jumped on his bed banging the crap out of them. "AHHHHH" He jumped up and fell off the bed.

I dropped the pans and braced my hands on my knees because I was laughing so hard. He stood up and tackled me to the bed. "That's f*cked up" He playfully growled.

I popped the back of his head. "Get up fatty! Birthday time!"

He grinned ear to ear and dragged me out to the car.

First part of the tradition... Ihop for breakfast in pajama's with whatever graffiti the other wrote all on display. The waitress stared then turned bright red when Vin licked his lips and asked if she wanted his left or right cheek.

Next stop.... The city pool. Part of the reason we have to get up so early. To break in before it opens. We hopped the fence and did our annual pajama clad 50 lap race before climbing the pole and changing the sign from saying the generic hours to. Something stupid like "I Mustache you a question.... Nosehair I need to mullet over."

Today it was "Has anyone seen my Wayne Kerr...Dial 911 for more information"

"Dude you think anyone'll call? How epic would it be for the operators to get an ass load of people saying 'I'd like some more info about the missing Wayne Kerr!' Jeez I crack myself up" Vin said hopping off the fence and back to my car.

"Nahh that was a little lame. Last year's was better. You're losing your touch in your old age." I taunted.

He snorted. "I'll have you know my touch is just fine. Better then fine in fact. I can give you a list of girls that loved my touch, or maybe I should just give you a sample" He teased grabbing my knee and finger walking his hand up my thigh.

I swatted his hand away laughing at the dork. He really is such a goofball. "Nah I'll pass. I wouldn't want you getting sprung. I already know you're secretly in love with me."

I shook my head. "Wouldn't want to get your hopes up. It'll just make the stalking even worse then it already is. I mean how much closer then the next bedroom can ya be bro?"

He rolled his eyes. "You know you love it. Or you wouldn't be sneaking in and violating me when I slept." He retorted eyeing the remains of the drawings on his arms.

I laughed. "You have no idea!"

We pulled up to the house and had quick showers.

"On to the next part" Vin cheered sliding down the stair railing.

We headed to the costume shop to pick out old ghetto pimp outfits. Complete with platform shoes and lots of gold bling. His was purple and my was dark blue. I banged on the door. "Hurry up loser! We have 2 hours until kick off! And it's gonna take almost that long to get there." I banged on the door again.

"Shut it dip shit! Keep your thong on, we'll have plenty of time." He opened the door and sauntered out striking a pose. Making me crack up. He'd been gluing on fake black chest hair. It was so thick it looked like he had a poodle glued to his chest.

I high fived him. "Wow that's hot! Makes me wanna run my tongue through it." I purred jokingly.

He wagged his eyebrow suggestively. "I knew you wanted me!"

We drove through Taco Bell and sped all the way to Austin's UT football field. We made it right on time and spent the rest of the day watching UT slaughter the Aggies. We posed for pictures and explained to the people sitting around us what was up with our wardrobe. The game finished and we headed to 6th street for the best greasiest pizza on the planet.

We had our fake IDs but didn't actually go into any of the bars until we got to Coyote Ugly. It's just like the one from the movie. Hot girls serving liquor and dancing on the bar. Can't go wrong there. We did a few body shots and the girls pulled us up on the bar and danced with us.

We picked up a girl each and took them back to our hotel room. They left around 3 in the morning and we flopped back in our beds.

"Have fun?" I asked him.

He turned off the lamp. "Yeah I had fun" I could hear in his voice that there was something else.

"But??" I asked

"It was great Dare. Really. Anytime we hang we have fun. Seriously I had fun and love that we've done the pancake, crazy get up and Game tradition. Thanks bro."

I dug in my bag and pulled out his gift. I tossed him the package and he caught it and ripped the paper off.

"No shit!" He flicked the light back on and examined the antique pocket watch. "How? Is this?" He asked with tears that he tried to blink back.

I'd gone out of my mind the last three months trying to find where his grandpa Ford's antique watch went after his worthless cousin pawned it. Other then his sister, Grandpa Ford was the only member of Vin's family that meant anything to him.

"Yeah it is. His initial's are right there. I know you wanted an Ebay gift card but I hope you like this. Happy birthday Vin" I wished sincerely.

He tossed his covers aside and tackled me into a bear hug. "Thank's Dare. That's the best gift anyone's ever given me. I cant believe you would go to all that trouble for me. I love you bro." He sniffed

I squeezed him back. "Of course I would, you're my boy. Love you too bro. Now get off me cause your fat ass is heavy!" I joked to lighten his mood.