Chapter 38 Epilogue

Dereck's Pov:

Fifteen years passed by in a blink of an eye. Life has been amazing and hectic and messy and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Vin and I graduated high school and spent the summer after touring Spain, Italy and Germany.

The summer after we finished our two year degree at the University of Texas we had a destination wedding at a villa in Italy. We flew our family and friends out and enjoyed the simple yet perfect ceremony. We spent the rest of that summer sailing on Vin's yacht around the coast of Italy, Venice, Sicily and the Mediterranean sea.

Vin studied criminal justice and then went to the Police Academy. He moved through the ranks and five years later became a lead homicide detective. I studied law and became a prosecutor. I was the DA for homicides but stepped down four years ago. I'm currently an ADA in special crimes division. We both love our jobs and life.

Four years ago we sold our house and bought a much larger one here in Austin. We adopted three siblings and wanted them to have plenty of space to call their own. Sasha is the oldest at 7 and incredibly bright and very into painting. Then it's the four year old twins Lance older by seven minutes and Bianca an absolute little princess. I'm not ashamed to admit our children are our world and spoiled but not to an unhealthy degree.

Veronica's Safe Haven has of course remained near and dear to our heart and we've managed to expand it past the five locations in Texas. We currently have ten and are planning on breaking ground on our eleventh next spring. True to his word Vin paid for all the best people to oversee and audit the charity to ensure no one embezzled and every dime goes to the women and children that need it.

We also used part of our inheritance to build a subdivision in each town one of the Safe Havens is located in. They're good houses, most are three bedrooms and have modest yards and we provide all the major appliances, even the washer and dryers. Specially for the families that come through. After we've gotten them trained and secured in a steady job we offer them the option to move out but still be part of the program so they'll continue to get the support even if it's just moral support that they need. Instead of taking on a high rent and all the utilities they can stay in one of the houses. Two hundred a month and that's with all utilities included.

Mitch and Jared were in fact gay and yeah in love! I know shocker right? It took them until the start of college to really come to terms with it. They are still together and own a very cute bakery and catering business down town. No kids yet but we're only 33 so there's still plenty of time.

Ariel and Sams are still together and believe it or not have two kids. One boy and one little girl. Sams finished college and became an architect and Ariel in true Ariel form studied business management and now owns two bars on 6th street. One huge dance club downtown and yes a huge strip club that caters to both males and females.

She dragged all of us there for the grand opening and basically traumatized us by having us pulled up on stage and having the male and female strippers do their thing. Thank god she has a no camera or phone policy. I'd hate for pictures of that night to get out.

Lisa went to college then on to surgical school. She lives in California with her equally brilliant and hot surgeon husband Mitchel. They have two dogs and a new born. Mitchel is a doting daddy and Lisa still loves photography. In fact she comes down and takes all our family photos.

Robert and Sean lasted about three years but Sean got tired of waiting for Robert to finish college to get married. They split amicably and are still friends. Sean got married a few years back to a nice guy name Devin and they just adopted their fist kid. Sean's a vet and Devin is a Realtor.