34. The Bet

continue from the previous chapter...

Beam POV

They want to play like this. Let's see how they'll react when the barista 'accidentally' added salt on the drinks?

No salt at the counter? No worries. I've backup ready for this. Muahahaha.

My step to the counter was stopped by a tall muscular man wearing a light green office shirt. The sleeves folded to the extend showing his sexy bicep.

Jeez. Show off!

"What do you want?!" I snapped looking at the culprit for losing my bet.

Forth smiles holding my shoulder with his two strong arms and drag me back to face the two young masters who peacefully waiting at the table, playing with their phones.

Doing whatever he wants. Urghhh!

"He wins." He simply said to the two without any greeting.

Yes, I win...Eh? Win what?

"Win what?" The young master now dazed from the sudden statement, repeated my question.

"Oh! You can talk." I look up from my position. Damn you tall man.

"What do you mean he win?" Kit asks the question in my mind, again, ignoring me.

"The bet to go for a date with me. He wins." He flashes his smile at me. Did I just see a sparkle there?

"Now P'Forth. How can he win when he never goes on date with you? He admits it already." Phana has his judgment word ready.

This man knew about the bet?

"Beam, closed your mouth. Everyone in the office knew when you're too obvious stalking Forth."

Stupid Pha. I'll make sure Yo add tobacco sauce to your dinner later.

"We did go. You just never knew about it."

"No, he's not. We know his schedule and he already admits his defeat." Kit won't back off.

Kitty, kitty.

"It's okay sweetheart, I don't mind you tell them..."

S-sweetheart? No, my heart not dancing happily. Wait...Tell them what?

As if he read my mind. He continues his nonsense.

"Tell them we are an item."

I think I just swallow the mosquito queen from all the jaw hanging. Does mosquito have a queen?

"You're lying P'Forth." Phana looking sharp.

"Do I look like lying?" He's showing his Forth look.

Nope. I'm not scared. I'm just taking a step back for safety purposes.

Kit flinch. "B-but Beam also looks shocked as if this is his first time hearing this."

They all look at me waiting to respond.

"I-I-"

"I asked him to keep it secret from others. You do know how his reputation in this town, right? We don't want someone to die from the knowledge. Right baby?" He ended his explanation with the sweetest voice I ever heard, looking at me softly.

My organ started their own band, drumming to give me the loudest out-of-tune music ignoring the owner who may or may not just die.

"Beam! How could you do this! We're best friends!" Kit wailing.