#2 (Ryder): Supply Hunt

I watched the scenery as I drove on my red motorcycle towards my destination.

This thing has stuck with me for a long time. Having it is useful and practical. It allows me to pass long distances easily.

It wasn't long until I reached an old supermarket. I parked into a nearby lot and got off my motorcycle, examining the building.

Wasn't that girl here before?

Right. She was...I watched her go inside.

For some reason I feel somewhat connected to her. As if I do actually know her.

That made me remember...

When she looked at me with those despising hostile eyes, I thought back to how those same eyes glared at me some time ago.

Could it be the same girl?

I pushed the thought away and began looking through the store to find something useful and most of the food was already expired.

She seemed to have gotten everything out of the useful supplies already...

How would she think to take care of herself out here? She's on her own and she puts herself in danger.

If only she would understand how less of a threat I am...

So I couldn't take any food with me...I decided to look for utilities.

I found a hunting knife and I was certain that I could use it...or maybe that girl could need it.

I peeked around the shelves and noticed an open door, which made me curious enough to check it out.

So I walked towards it and opened it, finding a corpse in there.

I sighed in pity and crouched down, seeing a gun in his hand. It didn't appear empty. I took it and checked the magazine...

To my surprise it was full.

I pulled out the other gun I had taken from that girl and they both looked the same. So I emptied the magazine of the new one and loaded it into the old one.

I'll give it back to her, when I get back.

I left the room, realizing that I didn't find much...

Just a hunting knife...This is way too less...

There needs to be something else in here.

I went back towards the shelves and searched through them and found something interesting...

A necklace with a heart shape...

Maybe I can give this to her someday. Maybe...

I sighed in unhappiness. Why is she that stubborn to not trust me? I don't even want to hurt her!

I thought to what she said to me before.

You're not a human, you're a zombie. It's your fault. It's all your fault. Your fault that-

I looked down at my hands and notice the greenish pale skin tone of mine. Is that what she's afraid of?

I can't even change it... I can't remember anything... I don't know what happened before I ended up like this...

This girl... She might be the only one to help me. She's the only survivor I have found so far and I need to protect her. No matter the cost...

It's not like I can die anyway... As part of them I'm sort of immortal...

I need to befriend her somehow... But how should I start? She won't even let me near her.

Should I keep my distance? Would that be enough for her?

No... I can't let her be by herself. She won't survive out there alone...

I walked through the abandoned market, trying to find anything more useful than just a hunting knife but there was nothing. All gone...

Well, looks like my search for supplies ends here... I should go back.

Then I heard some noises coming from outside and I turned towards it, seeing zombies coming my way...

I realized that I forgot my shotgun at home...

Damnit...

They approached me and one of them tried to grab me but I dodged it and pushed him while kicking another one away.

Another zombie grabbed me by the neck but I instinctively used the hunting knife and rammed it into his neck, freeing myself from his grasp.

In his stagger I roundhouse kicked him and hit the one behind me with my elbow before running towards the shelves, trying to gain some distance.

The horde followed me and I grabbed the shelf, pulling it down to squash some of the zombies.

I went the other way and was cut off, when a zombie appeared from the side and I jumped back before holding my arms out and pushing him, staggering him again. I grabbed him by the neck and threw him against the counter to finish him off.

I turned around and another zombie came towards and I smacked him against the neck and kicked him down before delivering a punch to his face.

Then, when I stood up I was grabbed from behind and a zombie was able to bite me in the arm and I quickly pulled the gun out, aimed at his head and pulled the trigger, blowing his head clean off and I catched myself on the floor, looking at my bleeding wound.

I looked at the windows before me and shot the glass away, jumping out of the building and immediately running towards my motorcycle and driving off.

When I gained some distance I stopped my motorcycle and looked at my injured arm, seeing the wound closing in quickly.

Self-Recovery...Another trait I posess by being undead.

There was only a scar left after the wound healed from itself and I drive off towards my home to check up on that girl.

And it doesn't matter if I'm the last person, she wants to see...