#1: Encounter

Y/N...

Mom? Dad? Where are you?

Y/N...

"Mom!"

I woke up and found myself in a strange setting. It seemed as if I was in a abandoned home, which wasn't home. Confused I looked around before I spotted someone by the fireplace.

"Oh, hey. You're up!"

He turned to me and I looked at him in disgust. It was that zombie guy. Did he bring me here?

"What the fuck? Where am I?"

"Well, what do you think?"

"You brought me here, didn't you?"

"Yep. You were in danger and I wanted to help you. Sorry for being so rough with you before. I had no choice..."

"Bullshit! You could have just left me alone! Haven't you guys already done enough? I don't need someone like them to watch out for me."

"That's where you're wrong... I'm not like them. Don't let my appearance fool you. I'm still like you. A normal human being..."

That's where I snapped.

"Fuck you! You're not a human, you're a zombie. It's your fault. It's all your fault. Your fault that-"

I stopped myself just in time. I almost told him about my family and he seemed a bit hurt by my words but then he...just smiled.

"You're confused. Just like me. You need someone to guard you."

"No thanks, I can take care of myself. I don't need your help!"

"You can't go out there alone! You'll get hurt."

I found my backpack and searched for the exit while he followed me but then he grabbed me and turned me around.

"Don't go! You're making a big mistake."

"Anything's fine if it means getting away from you, freak."

"Don't say that..."

"Oh right, you say you're like me but you know what? You're full of shit. Noone would like you. You're just like them, fuckhead!"

He was breathing heavily before he slowly opened his eyes and I sensed his regret behind his dark red eyes.

"You leave me no choice..."

Then my eyes fell shut with a smack on my backhead.

---

When I observed the little girl I let out a sigh. Why doesn't she understand? Wasn't it enough to kill those other zombies? Why doesn't she trust me?

I wanted to calm her down but she ended up insulting me. I had no choice but to knock her out. If that's what it takes then I must make her stay. She has to understand that I'm no threat to her.

So I slowly picked her up and brought her back to the makeshift bed she was lying on and decided to chain her leg up. This way she won't escape me that easily.

Her words make me sad. I don't like her attitude. I never liked to be insulted. But I always try to resolve things peacefully.

But she...is an exception.

I hate myself for having to do this but this girl leaves me no other option...

Once I was done chaining her up I looked at her with worry.

What do I have to do to make her trust me? Isn't it enough telling her she's safe with me?

She said I am like them...I can't change how I look and I also can't change the fact that I am one...in some ways...

I let out a sigh full of hopelessness. I don't know what to do with her. I guess I should just let her stay until she calms down. If she tries to fight out I need to stop her.

I took her backpack and looked inside it, seeing several food cans and a water bottle. Upon inspecting them I had an idea.

Maybe I should cook her something...

---

I woke up to the smell of something delicious.

"Mum? Is that you cooking?"

My eyes were still closed while I took in the scent and then I slowly opened them, seeing myself on the bed I was lying in before and I quickly sat up, seeing that zombie cook something.

"Oh...It's just you. Great..."

I grumbled and looked at my leg, seeing it all chained up.

"You chained me up?"

He stood up slowly and turned to me, looking at me troubled.

"I'm keeping you here because you won't listen."

"Oh really? That's the only reason?"

He shook his head.

"Don't get no ideas. I also don't like your attitude."

"I don't like you."

"Here..."

He gave me a food can with a spoon.

"What's that?"

"Please do me a favor and eat it. It's one of the food cans from your backpack."

I took the food can while still looking at him unamused and I began eating it. Surprisingly it didn't taste bad.

He smiled at me as if he was happy with how I simply obeyed to his request.

"If you want to be that friendly to me, why bother to chain me up?"

"I'm just doing what needs to be done. And you eating something is one of them. You probably haven't eaten in a long time."

"Whatever... That still doesn't change my opinion about you."

He took a knee before me and sighed unhappily.

"Look. I'm not asking you to be my friend, alright? I don't want to hurt you but you don't understand me..."

"Why should I? People of your kind ruined my life!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Hell, you probably only want to be that nice to me first and then you'll stab me in the back. No thanks!"

"Listen, I..."

"Save your excuses!

He sighed again and then stood up, slowly walking towards the exit.

"I'll get more food for you. Just hang tight, i'll be right back."

"Whatever..."

Then he left and I stared at my chained up leg, looking around the environment and I spotted a shotgun leaning on the wall.

So it really was him who saved me from them. But that still doesn't change a thing. Nothing can justify the death of my parents...

I looked to my side and saw my backpack.

I might find something to free myself in there.

So I reached out to it but couldn't because of my cuffed leg.

It was nearly in reach so I decided to throw my now empty food can against it and it fell forward giving me enough space to reach it.

I pulled the backpack to me and searched through it.

There was almost nothing except my food cans and water bottle. Crap...

Now what?

Then I reached around and felt something on my hair. When I took it in my hand I saw it...

A hair clipper...I can try something with this...