Epilogue: Connection

As I left the cave I looked to see the fresh tear drops of the rain...

I looked at the mask I took from Ryder and continued walking...

While walking, memories were replaying itself in my mind...

Memories of me and Ryder...I can never forget...

"Oh, hey. You're up!"

"What the fuck? Where am I?"

"Well, what do you think?"

"You brought me here, didn't you?"

"Yep. You were in danger and I wanted to help you. Sorry for being so rough with you before. I had no choice..."

"Bullshit! You could have just left me alone! Haven't you guys already done enough? I don't need someone like them to watch out for me."

"That's where you're wrong... I'm not like them. Don't let my appearance fool you. I'm still like you. A normal human being..."

I sighed as I continued my path through the forest in my despair...

I knew what first impression I had when I met Ryder...Ever since my parents died I despised him for being one of them...

"You're confused. Just like me. You need someone to guard you."

"No thanks, I can take care of myself. I don't need your help!"

What if I had accepted his help? What if I pushed my anger away, seeing how careful he was with me? Could I have...changed how it would have ended?

Could I have...saved him?

"You can't go out there alone! You'll get hurt."

"Don't go! You're making a big mistake."

"Anything's fine if it means getting away from you, freak."

"Don't say that..."

"Oh right, you say you're like me but you know what? You're full of shit. Noone would like you. You're just like them, fuckhead!"

I threatened him...I called him off...He wanted to tell me that he had nothing to do with it...but I didn't listen...I still feel the regret I had after that day...

"Come on! We have to go!"

He saved my life on the graveyard...He killed those zombies and saved me.

I realized at that point that I misjudged him...I was confused but I eventually came to the conclusion that...

...he really was not to blame for what happened to me...

"You blame me, right? You blame me for the death of your parents?"

"This won't change your opinion but I didn't kill them. And I'm not responsible for what happened...you think that I'm the cause of your parent's death..."

He knew...He already knew...

"You were bullied in your past and thus you had a difficult time growing up..."

He read my diary...learned about my past...

"Your parents died because you had to jump to save yourself. Zombies killed them and you blame me for this happening to you..."

As if he was there...watching everything. Even though I only saw him by the window I jumped out from on that day.

I reached the end of the forest...back on the parking lot.