#9 (Y/N): Reliving the Past

I opened my eyes and found myself in some dark hallway. How did I get here?

Wasn't I in Ryder's home before? Was I kidnapped? What is going on?

I moved forward before I heard something familiar.

"Y/N! Jump!"

"Dad?"

I looked around, trying to find him but he was nowhere in sight but then something appeared infront of me.

"I-I can't."

"You have to. We can't do anything against them."

"But Dad..."

I saw myself...trying to convince my father to stay...

Then behind him there was a zombie, who grabbed him and bit him in the neck before pinning him down and brutally killing him. 

For some unknown reason I could only feel shocked instead of being sad...

Then my mom came into view.

"Y/N! Get out of here! Now!"

"But Mom!"

"Just go! I'll be right behind you!"

And then I saw myself jump out into the void, while my mother was grabbed by the zombie who choked her to death...

That made me break. I fell down on the floor and hit it in frustation.

It's all my fault. If I hadn't jumped, she would still be alive...

I began crying before I heard footsteps coming towards me and saw Ryder, who looked down at me.

He offered me a hand and I hesitantly took it and he pulled me up, taking me into his embrace.

I hugged him, enjoying his comforting embrace before I suddenly felt pain in my abdomen and I pulled back, seeing what happened.

Ryder had punched me right through the stomach and I felt myself coughing blood as I looked up to him and saw his regretful eyes...

Then I blacked out.

---

I gasped and woke up, finding myself lying on Ryder's bed while I was still shivering in fear. I had a nightmare...but it was so horrible. Why do I have to be reminded of my past? Is it because I deserve to be punished for what I've done? Why...? Haven't I suffered enough by learning that my dad cheated on mom?

I guess not...

I covered my face into my legs and began sobbing...This is too much for me...All this time I'm being haunted by these nightmares. I can never sleep in peace...because I know, that it is my fault.

"Y/N?"

I heard Ryder's voice and I quickly wiped my tears away to not make him worry.

"Oh...hey, buddy!"

"Are you okay?"

"Yep...I'm fine..."

I couldn't stop myself from frowning a bit and unfortunately Ryder noticed it.

"No, you're not. What's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Ryder."

"Y/N, I heard you crying. Just tell me, what's on your mind. If you don't do now, you might regret it later. We're partners, Y/N. You can trust me..."

I know that we are. But Ryder has enough to deal with already. Constantly attacked by these zombies won't give us enough time to open up to ourselves...