#11: Fugitives

The next morning Ryder took me on his motorcycle to flee out of town. After I woke up he told me that we might be safe in the woods where we last were together.

I had second thoughts but this is my only chance.

Ryder's appearance had changed. Instead of wearing only tanktop and shorts, he now wore black jeans and...

"You're wearing my father's jacket..."

"I do...I like it and besides I intend to take on the legacy of your father. I hope it's okay for you.

"Sure. It looks good on you. You should wear it more often."

"Hehe..."

"I hope we're safe here..." 

"Don't worry, Y/N. I'll protect you!"

"Thank you, Ryder. But you don't need to...I can defend myself."

"No, seriously. I would take a bullet if it meant saving you..."

"But Ryder-"

"No buts...I mean it. You're important to me and I won't let them get you. Besides...I'm tough. I can handle this~"

I smiled, when he said that. After Ryder and I had a special night he turned into my personal bodyguard. Heh...a zombie watching out for you...

I never would have thought that I would actually get a boyfriend but with Ryder...I feel more safer than ever.

I took the things I needed from my home. Like my pistol, something to eat and things we might need to make ourselves comfortable when staying the night somewhere.

But still I had an uneasy feeling...

Soon we parked up to the parking lot of the forest we went to earlier and went through the woods while Ryder took the lead and kept me behind him.

---

It's awfully quiet here...too quiet.

"Ryder? Will we be okay?"

I looked to her and nodded.

"Don't worry, darling. We'll be fine."

"I'm so glad that you're with me..."

"I am too, Y/N..."

"What if they find us? I'm scared..."

I turned to her and crouched down, smiling at her.

"Y/N, we'll make it out of here. I know that I'm repeating myself but trust me. I know what I'm doing."

"O-Okay..."

Something was on Y/N's mind but I decided not to pry until we were safe. They might be onto us any minute now, better hurry.

"So what exactly are we doing here now? We can't just hide here in the forest..."

"If I remember correctly me and my brother used to play in a cave out here, when we were kids. Dad was always pissed at us for going there because he warned us of bears and wolves, even though we only played there at daytime."

"You little rowdy..."

"Heh, I guess I was...I kinda still am, don't you think?"

"True, sweetie"

---

As Ryder lead the way I had to keep thinking about something that might happen...

The night before...after Ryder and I tightened our bond I had a dream...or maybe a vision...where Ryder got shot by the police...