Chapter 14- Confrontation

-Jada's POV-

I walked back into the apartment, making a mental note to keep an eye on Tee from now on. I couldn't quite believe how calm I was being about this. I mean... the information I had just been given was supposed to make me fangirl into oblivion. But for some reason... I was completely calm. Maybe I was just used to shocking information at that point. After all, I was very close to Tee's mother before she'd died, I'd known her since Tee was 12. The woman was strong, I looked up to her, admired her, to me she was immortal. And to find out she'd died in a simple car crash, like a normal person... It just didn't seem right to me. But I definitely dealt with it better than Tee. I didn't break apart into a million pieces, I managed to keep everything together, for the sake of her. I needed to be there to look after her, now that her mother was gone. It was effectively my job. I looked after her even when it seemed like everyone else was against her. And then it was my full time job.

I peered into the living room, where me, Sayu, Sophie, Deidre and Megan had previously been playing Truth And Dare. Sayu, Sophie and Megan had all fallen asleep on top of each other in the small amount of time that I'd been outside of the apartment. Deidre was busy on the phone. "Yes, Emily. The Area 11. Yes, Emily. The Ugliest kittens." I heard a squeal from the other side of the line and she held the phone away from her ear. When the squealing ceased, she put the phone back to her ear "Jesus Christ, don't burst my bloody eardrum." I grinned to myself, while listening in on the conversation, I couldn't hear what 'Emily' was saying, but I could get the gist of it from the way it sounded. "What, are you serious?" I heard excited chatter from the other line and then Deidre raised her eyebrows "You haven't been able to stop and visit for over 5 years and suddenly, you're all 'drop my shit and run'?" The voice on the other side of the line gave a rather quick  sound that even I could hear "YES!" Deidre sighed and gave 'Emily' silence for just over a few seconds.
"Fine. Fine. You can stay at my place. I'll introduce you to them when you get settled in." With that she hung up the phone and sighed again, but this time it was more exhasperated. "I love that girl but she's a strange kind of fangirl."
"What's happening?"
"My internet best friend's moving to Bristol because of you guys."
I giggled "You're welcome."
Deidre turned to look at the others "Well they fell asleep quickly."
I nodded, my grin becoming a small smile "Wanna help me take them up to bed? You can take Sayu. She may look thin but she's got heavy bones."
"Nah. I gotta get home pretty soon. I need to cook dinner for Emily before she gets here."
"Seriously? She's already leaving?"
"It takes her two hours to get here and an hour to pack. And yes. Of course she's setting off early, it's you guys. I think you'll love her when you get past the fangirly-ness, though."
"I'm sure I will. I'll see you later Deidre." Deidre grinned and waved, hugging me on the way out and rushing away to start her cooking. I looked down at the pile of sleeping bodies and murmured to myself. "You know what? You guys look kind of cute. I'm gonna leave you there." And with that, I went into the kitchen to start cooking us some curry for dinner.

Half an hour later, I heard the door lock turn and open, then Tee shouting "I've already had dinner I don't need anything!" I heard her taking her jacket off and putting it on the coat rack, then walking towards her bedroom "Hey! You! Wait for a few minutes I need to talk to you!" I yelled. I heard the footsteps stop and I safely put the wooden spatula down and left hte frying pan on low heat. While cooking, I had been thinking about how I was going to tell her to keep the secret of Sparkles* being her brother. Then I had finally decided that I needed to confront her.

A/N

Yep. I'm back. Back again. Love you guys. I hope you forgive me for my hiatus.