Lovestruck

*This is what happens during Chapter 13 & 14 of Shadows.*

***More will come for Cassandra and Caleb's story***

----The picture I added is what I imagine Caleb to look like.----

Cassandra POV

It felt good to be beat up Caleb. Like I was in charge. I smirked at the thought. I noticed him getting up and sitting under a tree.

Might as well hurt him again, I thought, as I finished up with Tristan. I pretended I was walking away from Tristan as he lay on the ground muttering profanities but turned around and swiftly kicked him in the stomach.

"Shit, Cass! I'm gonna kill you!" Tristan yelled in pain.

Caleb would never allow Tristan to kill me.

I skipped over to the trees and his behind them, slowly sneaking over to where Stella, Phoenix, and Caleb were.

If my calculations were correct, I'd jump out from behind the tree, and tackle him to the ground at the perfect timing.

But their voices made me stop in my tracks.

"So, are you trying to say you don't want to be her mate?" Stella's voice drifted over to me.

Was she talking to Caleb? She had to be. It wouldn't make sense if she was asking Phoenix. I waited for Caleb to reply, with anticipation.

"Yes, I'd rather have a good ole' bitch like Roxy as my mate." Caleb's words hit me like a sword through my heart. Roxy was the slut of the pack, but she sure was a looker.

Tears clouded my vision as I stepped back. Snap! Crap, I quickly removed my foot from the now broken twig.

"Shit!" I heard Caleb say.

I turned around and started to run. "Cassandra!" Caleb's voice echoed throughout the forest.

I ran faster. So fast, the trees rushed past me, in a blur. If Caleb didn't want me, what was the point of staying. I was getting farther and farther away from the pack house. Farther away from Caleb. I guess that meant no more being with the kids, or getting to know Stella. No more Caleb, either. A tear slipped from my eye and I angrily swiped it away. Then I realized that footsteps were sounding behind me. I sniffed the air. Caleb.

"Cassandra! Stop!" His shouts came clearly to me.

No way in hell I was stopping. But Caleb was way faster than me. Next thing I knew, I was tumbling to the ground as someone tackled me.

From the electric feeling, I knew it was Caleb. He held me tightly around the waist. I squirmed around but he wouldn't let me go. I started to kick and scream and flail my arms wildly. His hands tightened around my waist and he pulled me closer to him. Tears clouded my vision as I looked up at him and punched him in the face. His face snapped upwards at the impact but he still didn't let me go.

"Cassandra, come on!" Caleb said.

"I fucking hate you!" I shrieked in outrage and started to blindly punch him.

I hope he was happy. I never cursed. Ever. Nothing other than crap and damn.

He must've realized this, too because he suddenly looked worried and heartbroken. Heartbroken? If anything, I was heartbroken. My heart felt like it had been ripped it shreds and I was nothing now. I was lonely.

I gave him a really hard punch in the stomach and his arms around me loosened a little.

I punched him in the stomach even harder than before and his arms loosened a little more. Before he could get a hold of me again, I ripped his hands off me and quickly stood up. I stumbled away from him as he stood up, too.