Swing

All Rights Reserved.

___________________________

A chair. That's what I really needed right now. My feet were aching, unimaginably. Each step brought on a strain. Walking was unbearable. Especially in this hot, musty, weather. I hadn't phased back to my normal self, so I was sure I looked fine.

Damn fine.

A sultry voice in my head corrected me. But right now, my feet were my only concern. Dirt covered the entire bottom and tiny red scrapes ran along them. I'm sure I had some blisters, too.

Sticking my thumb out for another car was probably my best and only chance, but after what happened the first time, I didn't even bother. The consequence, of course, were my delicate feet. The sun was at it's highest in the sky and terrifyingly blinding. It had to be around noon.

What I needed right now was Wes. He'd crack jokes and lighten up the mood. I, on the other hand, could only keep repeating the cons to myself.

I was stuck in North Carolina. I was alone. I had no idea where to go. I needed to get back home. I could get murdered out here. I'd die of starvation. No one was here to help me. Because I was alone. Freaking alone.

I hated being alone.

A loud car horn honked from behind me. I turned and a nicely built black truck was parked along the edge of the highway on the grass-awaiting me.

Dumbstruck, I stood and stared. Was this a sign? Should I get in the car? Someone out on the highway actually had the decency to stop and check on me. It still left me curious.

The darkly tinted window on the drivers side rolled down and a hand with long, slender, masculine fingers beckoned me forward. My inner hunter was pleased with this find and wanted to have some fun. There was no stopping her-us- so I walked up to the rumbling vehicle and hopped in.

I looked at the driver and if I were in control, my jaw would've dropped and a pool of drool would waterfall onto my lap. But my inner hunter was sofisticatingly calm and only gave a little pur as to show her likings.

Ink black shaggy hair framed a sculpted face that was followed by matching dark eyes. My eyes immediately sought his lips. Bottom half fuller than the top. Lovely.  

His shirt was black and tight, a contrast to his white skin. You could tell right away he had abs. A muscular kind of guy and a definite looker. He was probably in his mid twenties, though.  

I felt his eyes travel across every inch of my body before settling on my face. More specifically, my lips.  

"Lost?" His voice was music to my ears. Literally.  

I shot him a smirk, "Maybe I am." That was way too bold for me. I knew my night huntress was taking advantage. 

He tsked, "You're too pretty. Good thing I found you." Turning back to the wheel, he maneuvered the truck back onto the highway. 

"Where're you headed?"He asked me. 

"Depends. Where are you headed?"  

He briefly glanced at me, his eyes flashing with something I couldn't describe.  

"Just tell me where you need to get to." He ignored my question.  

I sighed, "Virginia."  

"How'd you end up out here?"  

Might as well tell him. "I just woke up on the ground. I don't remember."  

I might've been crazy because I thought he looked happy for a second.