Mad Dash

Without my wonderful fan kt6681, this update probably wouldn't be here for a while. lol ;) Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassandra POV

My head was pounding. My limbs felt oddly numb and like giant pieces of lead. I don't think moving was an option. And if it was, then I sure as heck wasn't choosing to do so.  

I groaned, opening my eyes.  

I let out a scream.  

Bright blue eyes were right in front of me. It was that boy, Adam. He let out a throaty laugh.  

"Man, I've always wanted to do that."  

I've always wanted to smack him.  

A hand shot out, shoving Adam to the side. He stumbled onto the couch. The hand belonged to Phoenix.  

"Hey. You're awake." Phoenix smiled.  

I covered my eyes with my hand, groaning. I felt horrible.  

"What's wrong?" Phoenix's concerned voice broke through.  

I slowly let my hands fall away, taking in the current scene. I was in my room, on my bed. Adam sat next to me on my dresser chair, fiddling with his phone. Phoenix stood above, brows furrowed. A bruise covered his cheek. Was that blood, too? 

Ever so slightly, I could hear shouting coming from downstairs.  

"What-?" I stopped myself before I could ask what happened. Because I knew exactly what had happened. I had lost control. My inner huntress had taken over and I had went wild.  

I'd kissed my own brother and lashed out on him.  

I'd kissed Phoenix. I'd hit Phoenix. 

I'd almost killed Caleb. My mate.  

I jerked up, swinging my legs over the bed.  

"Whoa!" Phoenix blocked me immediately. "Where do you think you're going?"  

"Get. Out. Of. My. Way." I spoke through gritted teeth.  

His eyes narrowed. "Cassandra?"  

I didn't answer, not missing the flash of fear on his face. I was a monster and he knew it. He had every right to be afraid of me.  

I stood up, lightning quick. Phoenix cursed, stumbling back a step. Adam got up from the chair.  

"Cassandra..." Adam reached for me.  

"No!" I dodged his hands and went for the door. Phoenix blocked my exit.  

"Stop, Cas." He spoke in a calm voice. 

But I wasn't a five year old and I hated being treated like one.  

I growled. "Move now, Phoenix." 

The shouting from downstairs escalated for a moment. Phoenix made no move to get out of my way, so I helped him out a bit.  

I hooked my foot around his ankle, pulling down. He fell to his knees in shock.  

Adam leapt forward, seizing me. I struggled in his arms and then kicked back with one foot. He grunted, his hold loosening. I twisted in his arms so that we were chest to chest and shoved him back with both my wolf and huntress strength. Adam flew back with the force of my push. He hit the wall, slumping forward and not moving.  

I turned back to Phoenix, who had picked himself back up. I really didn't want to hurt him. Adam, on the other hand, had deserved it.  

Surprisingly, instead of attacking me, Phoenix fled the room.