Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Xavier's hands snapped into fists as another scream left Rye's mouth. She sat on her hospital bed with her arms wrapped around his midsection as she screamed over and over.

"I want my baby!" Fat tears ran down Rye's face as she pulled at Xavier's shirt. "Xavier! She has my baby. Please, please...I want my baby!"

Exton watched helplessly as his mother slowly lost her sanity. His eyes watered hearing the pain in Rye's voice.

Xavier bent down and cupped Rye's face. Her skin was still pale from all the blood she had lost. His heart shattered into millions of pieces as Rye's bottom lip trembled.

"My mavi," she whispered. "Bring me back my Mavi."

"Baby," Xavier lowered his forehead to her's. "Please, I will bring her back but you need to calm down. Please, baby. You lost a lot of blood, your body can't handle the stress right now."

Rye's eyes snapped up at him. She pushed him away with her good arm and then ripped out the IV in her hands.

"Rye!" Xavier shouted as Exton dashed forward.

Rye yanked the needle out of her skin and got off the bed.

"Exton, get the doctors." Xavier told his son.

As Exton ran out of the room, Xavier caught Rye's falling body. She could barely hold herself up.

"I'll find her myself!" Rye said in anger. "Don't tell me to calm down! She has my baby."

As Xavier held her, the doctors rushed in with a sedative. They wasted no time in injecting it into Rye's arm.

"No!" Rye yelled from Xavier's arms. "Please, I have to find my baby. Xavier," she turned to face her mate. "Xavier, please. Bring her back...she can't fall asleep without her green blanket. She needs her blanket...my baby..."

Xavier held Rye until her eyelids began to close. He scooped her up in his arms like he had the night of their wedding and placed her on the bed. He held her hand as the doctor attached a new IV into her veins.

Exton hovered by the door, his eyes never leaving his mother. He watched as his father ran a hand through her hair and kissed her forehead.

A moment later, Xavier tucked Rye in and turned to face his son. His face was serious and deep with anger and sorrow.

"I am going to kill her if anything happens to my girl." Xavier said.

Exton remained expressionless. Xavier knew he should not say anything to his son about his mate, but he has had enough. He pushed past Exton and mind-linked all of his councilmen and shamans to gather.

By the time he reached the throne room, they were all present.

"I need to meet with the faiths." Xavier jumped right into business.

"The faiths do not open their doors to everyone," Charles said looking around.

"I don't need them to open the door for me," Xavier said through his teeth. "I'll break it open myself. Tell me where to find them."

"In the veil," The head shaman said. "The gatekeeper will guide you. The faiths live in the veil."

"Call Caspian," Xavier turned to walk out of the room. "I want a portal within the next hour."

The councilmen and the shaman didn't waste any time. They informed Caspian and he arrived immediately.

As Caspian opened the portal to the veil, he looked over to Exton at the corner of the room. Exton avoided all eye contact.