Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ivan and Gemma materialized in the throne room of Lafayette's castle. The mutes all stopped what they were doing and stared at the pair.

Ivan looked around, his wolf on high alert.

"Put the book and ankh over there," Gemma told Ivan pointing to one of the tables by the walls.

"And you," She pointed to a mute. " Stop whatever you are all doing and remove the spell on them, I want to be able to touch them by nightfall."

The mutes stood frozen, they looked around at each other and then back at Gemma.

"Now!" She demanded when they didn't move.

The energy that radiated off of her shook the mutes. They all huddled at the table and began to examine the book of the dead and the ankh.

Gemma turned away and slowly climbed up the stairs that lead to the throne.

You father sat here, Azazel said. He was another man that couldn't protect you.

"He wanted me dead," Gemma said as her eyes observed the throne.

He feared your powers...he couldn't have his own daughter be stronger than he was.

Anger boiled inside of Gemma. "I was just a baby."

They will all pay for what they have done to us.

Gemma took a deep breath and turned around to face the room. Ivan watched her as she took a seat upon the throne.

How does it feel?

"It feels good," Gemma said as her hands gripped the handles on the throne. She then turned her attention to Ivan.

"You did good today," she told him as if he was a child and not the enormous man that stood at the steps of the throne.

Ivan gave her a hesitant nod as a portal opened up to his left. He looked at the portal and then back at Gemma on the throne.

"Go home to your family. Kiss your wife, love your children," Gemma looked down at him. "When we need you, we will call you."

Ivan wasn't a dumb man, he wasn't going to stand around and think about anything. He have Gemma one more nod and slipped through the portals.

"What now?" Gemma asked as the hall fell into silence.

We have to find the seal of Solomon.

"Lafayette is scheduled to meet with the Vikings in a few days."

Azazel snorted. We don't need him any more. Change of plan, sugar. It's time to get our hands dirty.

"What are we going to do?"

We are going to take the seal.

"Will they give it?"

I don't care, I will have it.

______________________

"How long have you know?" Xavier asked Exton.

"She told me the first night we traveled to my timeline," Exton said as he rubbed his forehead.

"And you didn't tell us?" Rye asked grimly.

"No," Exton said sternly. "I didn't. Because my first thought was to protect her. None of you would have considered her safety or her life if I had told you. You all would have been up and ready to drag her to hell."