Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Gemma knew Exton wasn't the type to admit defeat. She sat at the foot of her bed and waited patiently for the little pest to appear again.

And sure enough, 30 minutes later, Exton materialized in the center of her room.

"Stop doing that," he scolded her. "I'm trying to talk sense into you."

Gemma rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Gemma," Exton began slowly. "Please listen to me. You are my mate. I am not going to leave without you."

Gemma didn't respond immediately. She pondered over that he was saying to her.

"How do I believe you?" She finally asked. She watched Exton as he came to rest in front of her and take a seat next to her on the bed. He held up his hand and like an involuntary response, Gemma place her hand on his.

The air between them cracked as their skin shivered with electricity.

"This." Exton said quietly. "We can't stay away from each other. My soul pulls you towards me like the earth pulls the moon."

Gemma stared at their hands. Her thoughts ran wild but there was a sense of calm and peace within her.

"I know you feel it too," Exton leaned forward and placed his forehead on her forehead. Gemma closed her eyes as the warmth of his skin spread over her.

"When did you know?" Gemma asked, her voice barely a whisper.

"As soon as I landed my eyes on you," Exton sighed.

Gemma's eyes snapped open. She pulled back and stood up. Exton stared at her in confusion.

"You had known the whole time?" Gemma asked Exton.

Exton knew he was in hot water, "Yeah."

"And all those awful things you said to me..."

Exton cringed at his past behavior. He knew he was a dick to her.

"I know I messed up," He began. "I was not in the right headspace at the time. Trust me when I say, many people have called me a little shit for everything that I had done or said."

Gemma listened to him closely. She tried to keep her temper at bay. Why did Exton always bring out the worst in her?

"Sorry doesn't make it all better," Gemma shook her head.

"I know, I know," Exton ran a hand through his hair. "I'm just asking you to give me another chance."

"I...I can't."

"Why not?" Exton demanded.

Gemma held up her hand, "I'm getting married Exton."

"I just told you that we're soul mates and you still think you're getting married to that tool?"

"He's the God of the Underworld...and what guarantee do I have that you won't wake up tomorrow morning and decide you don't want me? You already pushed me away from you like I was some kind of disease."

"Damn it, Gemma," Exton stomped off the bed, "I know I messed up, okay. But I already tried living without you and I couldn't do it." He took a step closer to her and pulled her into his arms. "Gemma...I died when you left."

Gemma stared into his green eyes as her heart tried to beat out of her chest. There was no denying that she wanted him. It wasn't a choice.

But she knew her marriage to Tobias was bigger than just her now. If she left with Exton, there was no doubt Tobias and Lafayette would come after her.