planetary (GO!)

"Alright gang. Here's the plan for the next couple of days," Helena announced. She was standing on top of the table, while we sat on the floor around her.

"Get off the table," Weekes said, throwing a paper cup at Helena's head.

"Fuck you. Anyways, tomorrow we're gonna travel all day and see where we end up. Roxy is on night patrol tonight, but she can't do it alone. Sinclair and Henderson, you're helping her," Helena said, pointing to Lucas and Dustin.

"What? Why us?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah! Why both of us?" Dustin asked.

"You're young. Less experience. She can't be out there alone," Helena said.

"Aren't we all the same age?" I asked.

"Shut up. Sinclair, Henderson, night patrol. No if's, and's, or but's," Helena said. Dustin and Lucas groaned as Max and Will high fived.

"Why are you two geezers so excited?" Helena asked.

"We get our own room tonight!" Will exclaimed. Helena and Weekes chuckled.

"Foolish. You two will room up. Weekes and I get the other room," Helena said.

"What? Why? I don't want to sleep in the same bed as a girl!" Will exclaimed. He clamped his hand over his mouth as his eyes widened. Max smacked him on the arm.

"Alright. Dinner will be in an hour," Helena said, hopping off the table and walking into the kitchen. Weekes stood up and followed her. We all went our separate ways.

I plopped onto the couch and pulled a tattered comic book out of my backpack. It was Will's X-Men #134. He stole it from Dustin, and I stole it from Will. It was basically the only form of entertainment I kept with me at all times. Sure, I'd steal things from the stores we'd raid, but I usually ditched them after a week or so.

"X-Men, sick," (Y/n) said, sitting next to me.

"You like X-Men?" I asked, closing the comic.

"Oh, of course. Me and my friends back home used to read them after our D&D tournaments," she said with a sad smile.

"D&D? Me and my friends used to play that! Our campaigns would take hours. One time we played for ten hours!" I exclaimed.

"Straight?"

"Yep. It was crazy. That's when Will got this comic, actually," I said.

"I miss those days," she said sadly.

"What happened to your friends?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't want to upset her.

"They, uh, died. Helena and Weekes let me join them. Then Roxy joined us, and now it's history," she said.

"Damn. I'm sorry," I said, not knowing what to say.

"It's whatever. I've gotten over it. I had to," she said with a shrug.

"I think Dustin kept D&D with him in his bag. He refuses to admit it, but I can see right through his lies. Maybe one day we can all play," I said.

"We?" She asked, confused.

"Yeah! Me, Lucas, Dustin, Will, Max, and you and the Killjoys," I said. She let out a breathy chuckle.

"You don't have to call us that. Helena just wants us to have a group name just for fun," she said.

"It's pretty badass if you ask me," I said, putting the X-Men comic back in my backpack.

"That's Helena's style," she said, fiddling with a piece of thread hanging from her sleeve. She was wearing a dark (f/c) sweater and a pair of black ripped jeans. Simple, but it fit her well. She looked cute. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, and she had on white socks with red hearts dotted on them.