SING

"Good morning, cranky crew! Rise and shine motherfuckers! Up and at 'em!" Helena yelled through the halls. I woke up with my arm still around (Y/n), who was still asleep, somehow.

I internally groaned and laid on my back, rubbing my eyes. I sat up and walked into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror.

That was the only plus about our room. We had our own separate bathroom.

"Mike?" (Y/n) asked quietly. I walked to the doorframe of the bathroom and saw her sitting up and yawning.

"Good morning," I said, leaning against the doorframe with a smile.

"Hi," she said, waving. I laughed to myself and went back in the bathroom, closing the door. I heard (Y/n) get up and walk out of the room and down the stairs.

I decided it'd be best to take a shower now, while I have my own bathroom. We were pretty far away from Hawkins at this point, so the water shouldn't be too contaminated.

Contaminated water isn't really that bad, honestly. It's just a weird color and sometimes burns a little bit. But it's not too unbearable.

After my shower, I walked back into my room with a towel tied around my waist. My hair was wet and getting long; I should probably cut it. I shouldn't have hair in my eyes when there could be BLIND agents or monsters that could sneak up on me any moment.

"Hey Mike, we have some — oh!" I heard someone say. I whipped around to see (Y/n) at the doorframe, holding a box of microwaveable waffles.

"Oh god, uh, hi. Sorry, I took a shower," I said, gripping the towel.

"Yeah, I see that," she said with a blush.

"Uh, yes. I will have some waffles," I said, trying to keep the towel from slipping off.

"Yeah, okay. Just come down when you're dressed," she said, turning on her heel and closing the door.

I looked up at the ceiling and groaned. Of course. Of fucking course. This would only happen to me.

I grabbed my shirt and pants and angrily changed into them, tossing the towel into the bathroom.

What? It's not my towel. It's not even my house. This is no one's house, I can do whatever I want.

later

Once we arrived at our new location, it was around 3:30 pm. I didn't know where we were. Will, Max, Lucas, Dustin, and I slept in the back of the pick up truck for most of the ride.

We all unloaded our stuff into a new house. This one was smaller than the others, so room situations were going to change.

Now it was: Joyce and Hopper, Steve and Nancy, Lucas and Max.

Will and Dustin slept on the floor of Joyce and Hopper's room. Helena and Weekes decided to sleep on the recliners in the family room, and Roxy was on night patrol.

(Y/n) and I took the pullout couch in the living room.

"Alright team. We're in North Carolina," Roxy announced.

"North Carolina? Why? Aren't we supposed to go to New York?" Hopper asked.

"Yeah. There's a huge contaminated area in West Virginia, so we decided to just go around the state altogether," Roxy said.

"How do you know about this?" Nancy asked.

"I worked at the BLIND building there a couple years ago. Before I quit, they tried the same experiment that the lab in Hawkins did. They kept theirs contained for a while, but it eventually got out of control," Roxy explained.

"Yeah, but how do you know it got out of control? You said you worked there a few years ago. What if things changed?" Nancy asked, suspicious.

"Actually, yeah. Nancy has a point. There aren't any news stations anymore, so how did you find out?" Steve chimed in.

"Oh, please. Calm your pants, Harrington. There's no need for an interrogation, these girls know what they're doing," Dustin exclaimed.

"The experiment was starting to get out of control when Roxy left. We decided to avoid the state altogether just in case," Weekes said.

"I guess that makes sense. You should've said that from the beginning," Steve said. Dustin smacked Steve's arm.

"Whatever. Get situated in your rooms. We'll discuss further plans in about an hour," Roxy said. We shared a confused look before going our separate ways. (Y/n) and I made our way towards the couch and placed our bags on the ground.

(Y/n)'s backpack was (f/c), with patches and pins all over it. It was cool and different, mine was just my boring blue backpack that I used in school.

"I like your backpack. It's unique," I said, sitting on the floor in front of the couch.

"Thanks! I've been adding things to it since I was, like, thirteen," she said, sitting next to me.

"What do you think is gonna happen? Y'know, after we take down Better Living Industries?" I asked. She shrugged.

"Honestly, I don't know. I don't know if I'll even make it out of this mission alive. We already lost Jonathan, who knows who else we'll lose?" She said.

"I think you'll live through this. You're feisty," I said jokingly.

"Thanks, I guess. I don't know. After we defeat BLIND, Helena, Rosie, Roxy, and I were planning on ditching the USA and heading towards Italy," she said. I noticed how she didn't say Weekes, she said Rosie.

"Why Italy?"

"Helena's family is in Italy. We figured if we made it over there and people were still alive, we'd find some of her family and start a new life there. But I don't know. I have no idea what it's like over there. It could be completely fine, or it could be just like it is here," she said with a sigh.

"Do you think anyone is still alive? You know, besides BLIND agents?" I asked.

"I have no idea. I'm sure some people are still alive, just no one around here. Maybe in California or Florida or something," she said.

"You've travelled a long way from California, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just miss home. Everything about this situation sucks," she said.

"I hear you. I don't even know where my parents or little sister are. None of us know," I said.

"That sucks, kid. I know my parents are gone. BLIND killed them right in front of me," she said. I saw her shoulders tense as she said that.

"Wow. I'm so sorry," I said, placing a hand on her knee.

"It's whatever. I kind of got over it. I had to," she said.

"So you've got a pretty dark past, I assume," I said with a slight laugh.

"I guess. We all do. Helena's parents left her in California and went back to Italy. Roxy was a foster kid until she was fourteen, and then her foster parents kicked her out. And Rosie lived with her uncle who would hit her all the time," she explained.

"Is that why she goes by Weekes?" I asked.

"Yeah. Only me, Helena, and Roxy can call her by her first name. Her uncle would hit her while yelling 'Rosie!' over and over again," she said, looking at the clock on the wall.

"Do you think we'll win?"

"Hm?"

"You know, against BLIND," I said.

"Oh. I'm not sure. I hope so," she said, scooting closer to me.

Alright Wheeler. Now's your chance. Shoot your shot.

I pretended to yawn, wrapping my arm around (Y/n). A light pink blush dusted her cheeks as she smiled slightly.

"Team meeting in the living room!" Helena yelled from upstairs. I pulled my arm back towards my side as everyone ran into the living room.

"Later," she said with a wink.