bulletproof heart

"Alright boys, say hi to the, uh, the Stranger-Mobile?" Weekes said, pointing to the black pickup truck parked next to the other car.

"Stranger-Mobile?" Helena asked.

"Oh shut up. Alright, load in. This is your guys' car. And this red beauty is ours," Weekes said, motioning to the two cars.

"There's not enough room for all of us. Adults in the front, 'teens' in the back seat, and kids in the back," Hopper said. I groaned and climbed into the back of the pickup truck, the other 'kids' following me.

"Follow us!" (Y/n) yelled out the back window. Hopper started driving after the shiny red car.

"So. (Y/n) is kinda hot," Dustin said with a smirk.

"(Y/n)? Uh, yeah, pfft, I guess," I said awkwardly.

"Does Mikey have a crush?" Max taunted.

"No I do not. I met her yesterday," I said.

"Ooh he's blushing! Mikey does have a crush!" Max yelled.

"Would you be quiet? Their windows are down," I said, motioning to the front of the truck. The Killjoys were blaring music from their car. I wished I was with them.

"They can't even hear you. So, you like (Y/n)?" Lucas asked.

"No. I don't know. Maybe? I'm not focused on that right now," I said.

"Makes sense. Although... we will be spending a lot of time with these girls," Dustin said. I saw Will roll his eyes out of the corner of my eye.

"And? We're focusing on taking down BLIND, okay? Can we please move on?" I exclaimed.

"Will, how was rooming with Roxy?" Lucas asked.

"Oh, it was fine, I guess. She's really cool," he said.

"Do you like her?" Dustin asked.

"Why is everyone so obsessed with who we like? It's not a big deal," I said.

"We're best friends! And these are the first people we've met for months!" Lucas yelled.

"Sorry, you're right. It's just... I don't know. I think I like her, but I just.. don't want to mess up," I said.

"You won't mess up," Will said.

"Yeah, bro! I think she likes you back! How was rooming with her yesterday?" Dustin said.

"It was okay. Nothing really happened," I said with a shrug.

"Try to keep rooming with her, dude. And keep talking her up," Lucas said.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess I will," I said, nodding my head.

"Alright boys. Which house do we want?" Helena asked. We were standing in the middle of an empty street, with abandoned houses lining the street.

"Doesn't really matter. This is a rich neighborhood. They're all the same," Weekes said.

"Wait. Did you guys hear that?" Jonathan asked. We all stopped talking and looked around.

"Hear what?" Steve whispered.

"The gunshot," Nancy said. We inched towards each other and circled up, weapons in hand.

"They know we're here," Helena said, breaking away from the circle and walking towards a mailbox.

"How do you know?" (Y/n) asked. Helena stepped away from the mailbox and turned to face the group. There was a creepy smiley face sticker on the mailbox.