Chapter 1

Me: Aurora, we need to make the preparations for the rally for the mutant rights.

A (Aurora): Alicia, you won't believe this! There's a lot of positive reaction in the forums!

Me: Great. Our college mates will be here in a while, so we can give them the banners. You should, also, tell the people from the forums where Worthington's speech is taking place, so they'll be there at least half an hour earlier.

Then Aurora's phone rung and she went outside to answer it. After a while, she came back inside and told me what happened.

A: They called me from the college's lab. They say that there's a problem with our on-going experiment, and that I have to go there immediately.

Me: Okay. Tell me what happened later.

She left and after a while the others came and I gave them the banners. I left from my shed and went home to get ready. After I got dressed, I went downstairs and went to the door, but my mom stopped me.

Mom: Where are you going? I bet it's another rally, right? It's dangerous!

Me: No, mom. It isn't.

Mom: But I told you, no.

She said and grabbed my hand.

Me: And I told you that I am going!

And as I said that, I pulled my hand from her grasp. Air came from my hand, and it pushed my mom backwards. I was staring at my hands.

Me: Did-did I do that?

I went straight to my bedroom. I informed a classmate, that I couldn't attend the rally. I was sitting at the edge of my bed, staring at my hands. I was trying to make air come out of them again, but nothing happened. When I tried again, fire came out of my hands! My palms had a small flame on them, but I wasn't getting burned. Then I heard the doorbell, put my hands down because I got startled and the flames were gone. I went downstairs and saw Professor Charles Xavier.

Me: Mom, what is going on?

X (Xavier): Take a seat, Alicia.

I followed his instruction.

X: I have something important to tell you, my child... you are a mutant.

Me: Really? I mean, I didn't even think of that.

X: Yes, you are. And you have to come to my school. It is a secret school for mutants. There, you will learn to control your powers.

Me: And how can I come there? I have to attend college.

X: Don't worry about that. I will take care of it. You will continue your studies at our school. Take some of your things and come with me.

I did as he said.

Me: I have to inform my best friend.

X: Unfortunately, you cannot do that.

We went outside and he got in his car. As I was about to enter the car, I saw Aurora. I wanted to talk to her, but I couldn't. I was about to go to her...

X: We have to go.

I heard him saying inside my head.

Me: I- I am sorry. I can't explain now.

Aurora's POV

I left and went to college. Luckily, it was not a serious problem. We only had to readjust the temperature in the fridges. After I did that, I checked the time and it was already too late to make it in time for the rally. A notification appeared in my phone and I saw that one of the forum users was broadcasting the rally. People were throwing tomatoes and yogurts at Worthington Labs and its employees. I bet Alicia is having fun! I took the bus and went home. When I was about to get in my house, I saw Alicia getting inside a black SUV. I tried getting closer, but she told me that she was sorry and they left. I went inside my home, sat on the couch and called Alicia, but she didn't answer. I call her again and again, until I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up early. I check my phone, but there's no sign of Alicia. I go to my room and see the plant my father gave to me a few days before he died. Then I feel it, all the sadness and anger come back and without realizing it my hand became a fist and the pot was broken. I go next to it, touch the petals of my delphinium and feel my eyes watering. A tear fell on the plant and it went back to its previous state. I cannot believe what just happened. No way! I grab my bag and leave the house. I go to the lab, take a sample of my blood and examine it under the microscope. Then I see it, the X gene! I have the X gene, which means I am a mutant. After I destroyed the blood sample, I go back to my home, shocked. As I enter through the front door, I see two people sitting in my living room.

Me: Professor Xavier? What are you doing here?

X: Good morning, Aurora. This is Kitty.

The girl who was with him smiled at me.

Me: Good morning. How did you get in?

X: By using Kitty's power. We need to tell you that you are

Me: A mutant. I know.

X: That's why you will come with us at my school for gifted youngsters. Everything has been arranged, you don't have to do anything. You will continue your studies there. Take your thing and we're ready to go.

And that's what happened. I took my clothes, some personal objects, my delphinium and we went to the school. After he showed me around, he gave me my schedule and showed me the room I was going to stay. After I got comfortable, the door opened and I saw...

End of Aurora's POV