Chapter 14 "The Decision"

Today I was able to return home to my lair. As we unloaded everyone from the minivan, Gwen put all of the Quads in my arms and giggled to herself at how all four were able to fit there so easily and snuggly in my grasp. Two lay nestle comfortably against either of my bicep and the other two were pressed against my abdominal with their heads supported by my very large hands.

Gwen took the opportunity to take a picture of me to post on her social media pages with the caption world's best dad or with something to that effect I am sure. She definitely had that kind of satisfied and pleased look in her eyes. "You've done this before haven't you? Are sure you haven't fathered other children?" she teased me.

I scowled at her. "My memory is still kind of fuzzy...I might have done this before" I teased back before almost all the female members of my family came pouring out the front door like an avalanche. A couple of them were able to get out while the rest behind them fell and piled up on top of each other. All were gorgeous werewolf women eager to see the babies, I guess they were extremely adorable based off their reactions.

"Oh! That's so cute!" they gushed. All four were plucked from my grasp and whisked away into the house. I was very annoyed with their lack of enthusiasm with my return, but my mother stood in front of us smiling ear to ear. "I'm so happy that you have gotten your strength back" she told me before she looked to Emily who stood by my side despite everything that she had seen I was capable of doing...then again I did just hold an arm full of infants.

"Wow girl werewolves really love babies don't they?" She asked.

My mother giggled. "We all love them, even the boy ones"

Emily looked into the house and some of my cousins were fighting over who got turns holding the babies. I was surprised with how all the blood and bullet holes got cleaned up on the carpet and the walls. I guess my family members worked their tails off to get everything spotless like nothing ever happened.

"But...Daddy is the only boy werewolf here" she commented.

My mother made brief eye contact with me and laughed nervously. "They are...around. Boy werewolves are too rough and scary for little babies not to mention is very crowded inside the den" she rambled before I grew annoyed.

"They better not be raiding my stash!" I raised myself with a low ferocious growl.

I got as far as the door threshold, and Yvonne, a short dark skinned Tenino woman, cut me off. She placed her hand on her hip and the other on the trim standing firm while she glared at me. "Uh-uh! Grumpy wolves stay outside!"

"It's my house! My food!" I raised my voice at her. She did not flinch and turn off to the side. "Bernard! Please take care of your nephew!" she called out.

My uncle came over from a couch inside, and he was a lot bigger than me and also heavier especially around the waistline. My muscles had atrophied so much that I was in no condition to be taking him on. Gwen gawked at him, but she stayed beside my mother awkwardly hoping we would not get into a fight. Bernie crossed his arms over his chest and snorted. "No one is eating your stash that they aren't going to replace. I've already made that clear with everyone" he spoke harshly.

I grumbled to myself, and Gwen came up behind me and rubbed my back. "Relax babe! Relax..." she spoke softly to me.

"They are touching everything!" I told grumbled to myself.

She then grabbed my arm and twisted it. "Please, they are only here to help. Until we get back on our feet. You're still recovering honey" he said.

I could not stop growling over my territory being encroached upon, but Emily distracted me by grabbing my other hand just looking up at me with that cute disarming smile of admiration. She was so innocent and pure, and her cheery attitude was just too infectious for even a brute like me to ignore. I calmed down enough to smile back and ruffle her head.