Chapter 12 "Fangsgiving"

It was beginning to snow outside, and I was snowing a lot. I was getting worried about my mother and sister being out in the cold barn. I know that Randall was a huge werewolf and they had a lot of blankets, but there was no way that he could keep them comfortable. I wanted to go and check on them, but then I heard someone go outside. When I looked outside through my window, I saw that it was not my grandparents going outside, it was Selene.

I put on a coat and boots before I followed her into the barn. I crawled up the steps to the top where I saw her staring at my mom and sister all over Randall. "What are you doing!?"

She looked back at me and whimpered. "I'm cold"

I could not believe how stupid she was. "So you went outside!?"

"Your dad is so warm...You're lucky your dad is a werewolf" she said before my button was pushed.

"He's not my dad! He's just some werewolf that got my mom pregnant!" I shouted.

She flinched and backed up. "I-I-I...I didn't know..." she said timidly.

"Do I look like a werewolf to you!? How can that monster be my dad!" I shouted.

"Monster huh?" that werewolf spoke. His voice was so big and beastly that it always scared me. I did not like being scared or looking like a wuss, but I never heard him sneak up behind us that was the scariest thing about him. He could kill me and my family and no one would know.

Selene looked up at him and smiled. "You're the nicest monster I've met" she said before she glared at me.

I do not know why she is now mad at me, but I was not going to get my throat slashed out from her. For some reason, when I backed away, it really got them mad. "Where are you going!?" Randall shouted at me.

I froze right where I was and looked up at him snarling showing his fangs. His ears were pointed back and his hair stood up on his back. I knew I was in some big shit with him, but I could hear my mother calling him, "Honey! Come back! The bed's getting cold!"

"You better stop shaming her! Got it!" he shouted.

"Or what!? You'll kill me!?" I shouted back at him.

"I'll smash that xbox of yours into pieces!" he said quickly.

I should have remembered this guy was smart, I thought I could expose him by making him snap, but instead he hit me low below the belt. You just do not threaten to smash a kid's xbox. "You can't!"

"I can!" he said gruffly. He then growled lowly and turned his back. "Just remember that you live in my den under werewolf rules! Understood?" he said without looking at me. I think he was trying to look badass or something, but I was not going to call him out on it.

Selene walked up in front of him shyly making herself visible, and he stopped looking down at her. She looked up at him mesmerized and admired him. "Um...I'm cold"

My mother sat up and looked at her like her heart melted. "Aw, you can sleep with us tonight" she said before she looked towards Randall with a smile. "You won't mind would you?"

He looked up at her then at Selene sighing deeply. "It's fine. I don't care" he muttered as crawled back into the bed where my mother glomped onto him buried deep into the beast's chest. I could not stand seeing her being so foolish, but then again she was slowly becoming one of them.

I could not believe that Selene transformed after I told her not to, but I guess young werewolves do not grow as big as Randall does. She was so tiny compared to him; although, I guess she was not very different from the other humans, Randall and his family seemed to be the freaks.